This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    I think you can run a plugin remotely on a linux box, and make it connect to your HS3 instance running on windows (or the other way around)

Yes, you can. I had read about this but wasn't intentionally trying to do it. However, I was checking through the manage plugins screen on windows a few months back and it was showing a plugin that I thought wasn't installed. Turns out I had left my Ubuntu HS3 VM running and the plugin was enabled there. Reading more since seems to suggest that you are supposed to need to specify the HS3 host IP when running a plugin remotely, but I certainly hadn't done that in this instance.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Yes, you can. I had read about this but wasn't intentionally trying to do it. However, I was checking through the manage plugins screen on windows a few months back and it was showing a plugin that I thought wasn't installed. Turns out I had left my Ubuntu HS3 VM running and the plugin was enabled there. Reading more since seems to suggest that you are supposed to need to specify the HS3 host IP when running a plugin remotely, but I certainly hadn't done that in this instance.
      What's the name for it, and where do you read about it? Is it somewhere in the manual, or is the info buried in threads somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
        What's the name for it, and where do you read about it? Is it somewhere in the manual, or is the info buried in threads somewhere?
        Here's one post showing the syntax for running Spud's Kinect PI remotely:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=11
        cheeryfool

Comment

look at the Remote Instances section of this post for more details:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=5

Comment

Send an email to Mark and he will update the list, its updated as we are told about changes.

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            How often is this list updated? All my plugins support Linux now, some of them for more than a month... but none of them indicate Linux support in this list.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              look at the Remote Instances section of this post for more details:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=5
              Interesting! Cutting to the chase: is all this transparent to the plug-in, or does a plug-in have to be written a certain way in order for it all to work properly?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
                Interesting! So, is all this transparent to the plug-in, or does a plug-in have to be written a certain way in order for it all to work properly?
                the plugin has to process the server and instance parameters, but the sample plugin code, which is used as a starting point by most developers, already does it.

the only thing I added for the kinect plugin is the autoreconnect parameter

Comment

Whew! What a relief it's in the boilerplate. That's good enough for me: either it's already there, or else it should be trivial to add back in if (unlikely) it was taken out.

Thanks! I'll reserve a CPU core for windows to handle such cases, but in all other respects I hope to go all-in on Linux.

Comment

Linix HS Speaker Client??

I am wondering is the HS speaker client now able to run on Linux? Oh and is there an X10 interface as well? I am guessing that HS Phone Way2Call on Linux is No Way2 Call.

I currently use the SIP Connector with Asterisk as well not sure if that pluggin will be updated to Linix?

I am looking a running the Linux ver on my cubox-ipro. I currently have an three Odroid's as well running Asterisk and anothers doing SAMBA4 Active Directory.

My quest is to reduce my electric bill, so far I have saved 30+ dollars a month. I only have on more server to replace it runs HS2 at 180 watts.
                    HS2 Environment
                    Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
                    HomeSeer Way2Call
                    Netiom-Xap board
                    opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
                    Plug-In's
                    WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
                    Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
                    mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
                    mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
                    IM Connector 4.87.2.5
                    Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
                    RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
                    Odroid X2
                    Asterisk 11.5.1
                    FreePBX 2.11.0.42
                    WebMin 1.720
                    Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by HomeTech View Post
                      I am wondering is the HS speaker client now able to run on Linux? Oh and is there an X10 interface as well? I am guessing that HS Phone Way2Call on Linux is No Way2 Call.

I currently use the SIP Connector with Asterisk as well not sure if that pluggin will be updated to Linix?

I am looking a running the Linux ver on my cubox-ipro. I currently have an three Odroid's as well running Asterisk and anothers doing SAMBA4 Active Directory.

My quest is to reduce my electric bill, so far I have saved 30+ dollars a month. I only have on more server to replace it runs HS2 at 180 watts.
                      Both X10 and A10 are there under Primary Technology plug-ins. I don't see the other ones you mentioned though.

BTW, is your Odroid-U3 noticeably a lot faster than your cubox-ipro when using it for HS3Pro? I'm debating whether to upgrade to an Odroid. My cube is a notch down from yours.

Comment

I don't have HS on Linux any thing yet. I am waiting for the plugins that I need to magically appear. Hence my questions?

I will say what I do have runing on my Odroid is running just as fast to me any ways as the windows computer it replaced running the same utilities. The Odroid I have is X2 I believe 1.7 G quad core 2Gig memory. 4 watts of power.
                        They have disconnected my Odroid but there is another U3 just a good
                        Here is my one of my asterisk servers:
                        http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/odroid-x2-asterisk-11-5-freepbx-2-11-0-11-fop2-2-27.14136/

The cubox runs fast but the odroid to me is a bit faster. The cubox is 1g quad processes 2 g memory 10/1000 network port. and for me easier to purchase. The odroid I had to fill out customs documents just to get in into the US and could only order three of them.
                        HS2 Environment
                        Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
                        HomeSeer Way2Call
                        Netiom-Xap board
                        opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
                        Plug-In's
                        WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
                        Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
                        mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
                        mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
                        IM Connector 4.87.2.5
                        Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
                        RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
                        Odroid X2
                        Asterisk 11.5.1
                        FreePBX 2.11.0.42
                        WebMin 1.720
                        Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by HomeTech View Post
                          I

The cubox runs fast but the odroid to me is a bit faster. The cubox is 1g quad processes 2 g memory 10/1000 network port. and for me easier to purchase. The odroid I had to fill out customs documents just to get in into the US and could only order three of them.
                          heh - my first hummingboard (cubox) came from Israel. It took forever. My second came from newegg - much faster
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Anyone ever get this to work under Fedora 20 or Fedora 21?

Been trying, keeps hanging at "starting DDNS..." never gets by. Waited 15 minutes.

any ideas?

thanks

Comment

Stop Homeseer 3 and edit the INI settings file and start Homeseer 3. Just a guess.

Never could shut off DDNS in Homeseer 2 and it looks same for Homeseer 3. A radio button to shut off the DDNS would be a nice feature.

The built in DDNS causes issues for me as I do not allow my network clients to get external DNS or NTP these days.

gUPNPDiscoverEnabled=False
                              gMyHomeSeerEnabled=False
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                Stop Homeseer 3 and edit the INI settings file and start Homeseer 3. Just a guess.

Never could shut off DDNS in Homeseer 2 and it looks same for Homeseer 3. A radio button to shut off the DDNS would be a nice feature.

The built in DDNS causes issues for me as I do not allow my network clients to get external DNS or NTP these days.
                                That sorta helps...

Now, sometimes stops at:
                                12:32:20:3221:[Startup]->Starting DDNS service...

and sometimes it stop/hangs at:
                                12:32:20:3221:[Startup]->Starting DDNS service...
                                12:32:20:6231:[Startup]->Running the startup script Startup.vb

Odd.

This is silly that it just does not work the way it should.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X