New HS3 Icons are Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    We're doing status icons now, not device icons. That's a whole 'nuther project. in fact, we adding changing the device image column to be an optional view column.
    Ah. Gotcha. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

in fact, we adding changing the device image column to be an optional view column.
      Hasn't it been that way for a while?
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Hasn't it been that way for a while?
        Yes, I mean we'll have the box unchecked by default.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We're doing status icons now, not device icons. That's a whole 'nuther project. in fact, we adding changing the device image column to be an optional view column.
          I like the device image column. I'm not sure why, since it doesn't "do" anything, but all the same I like it. For physical devices I use images of them that I manually found on google image search. For virtual devices, several plugin authors use large icons for the device images (Spud's plugins for example). It adds a nice polish to the plugin IMHO.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            I like the device image column. I'm not sure why, since it doesn't "do" anything, but all the same I like it. For physical devices I use images of them that I manually found on google image search. For virtual devices, several plugin authors use large icons for the device images (Spud's plugins for example). It adds a nice polish to the plugin IMHO.
            I like the intended purpose of that column, to give the user a visual cue about what the device is. Unfortunately, the images being pulled in during the device inclusion process are inconsistent from one device to the next. This has contributed to the program's "Franken-image" appearance over the years... something we want to move away from. We do plan to circle back and improve that feature in the future. For now, we're just tucking it away by un-checking that option (by default).

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              The beauty of options!!!
              +1
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Friday Release!

Looks like tomorrow is the day for release on the new icons. This will require a new build of HS3 and a new build of the Z-Wave plug-in. The new version of HS3 will also include a faster MyHomeSeer-Remote connection via web and phone.

Comment

fast is almost always better !! :>)

Comment

We're creating a new set of status icons for HS3. Here's a preview.

Note that the new set will become the "default" set in HS3. However, you'll be able to continue using the old "Classic" set if you prefer.
                    Cool!

Mark, will you have the following icons; if not, can I request for them:

- combined icon for door closed + locked & door closed + unlocked
                    - windows open & closed
                    - roller shades open & closed
                    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                      Cool!

Mark, will you have the following icons; if not, can I request for them:

- combined icon for door closed + locked & door closed + unlocked
                      - windows open & closed
                      - roller shades open & closed
                      The window icons will be part of the base set. However, those will need to be assigned manually. Apart from that, I'll provide a Photoshop file that will simply include the standard background color circles and anyone (with Photoshop) will be able to add their own white icons to that file to create their own icons.

Comment

The window icons will be part of the base set. However, those will need to be assigned manually. Apart from that, I'll provide a Photoshop file that will simply include the standard background color circles and anyone (with Photoshop) will be able to add their own white icons to that file to create their own icons.
                        PERFECT !!! This should be a great year for HS with all the press about home automation... I see TV commercials every night

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                          PERFECT !!! This should be a great year for HS with all the press about home automation... I see TV commercials every night
                          We should do a KickStarter campaign to fund a national TV commercial. That would be fun.

Comment

We should do a KickStarter campaign to fund a national TV commercial. That would be fun.
                            No... the fun would be the national search for the spokeswomen.. talk about getting into trouble !

Comment

I see kickstarter campaigns for established companies all the time. Especially if there is a product they want to make but are not sure they have the time/money for. It's not a horrible way to do it if you are looking to create a niche product and you want the money up front. Of course, if you commit to making it and you make your goal, then you should finish the project.

I'm not sure you could get a kickstarter for a commercial, but I don't believe it costs anything to try.. Of course most kickstarters have "perks" so you have to factor that cost in. IT could just be "Be a part of our commercial" and stuff like that.

Comment

Rich is creating the new builds now. As soon as the installers are tested, we'll release a new version of HS3 for all systems and he'll be posting the release notes. BE SURE TO READ THE NOTES!

Comment

Working...
                                X