Classic DIM-XX Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic DIM-XX Graphics

Has any one noticed that when you select a classic DIM-00 to Dim-90 the bulb values are all on and the same level.

You mean the GIFs 0 through 90 are all the same picture homeSeer/classic folder?
    Yes that confused me too. I suppose we have to edit them.
    I saw a video on doing the dimmer icons a few weeks ago, but for the life of me, I cannot find it again.
    Anybody?

Comment

As of last month the GIF 00 to 90 for lights in the classic folder were all at different levels. Whenever you do a complete optimization the GIF's change back to defaults for some reason. That is why I know these images were working then.

Comment

I am a newbie and only downloaded Homeseer last month

Comment

This is a part of the the classic folder. HS3: 3.0.0.298 (Windows) Z-wave plugin: 3.0.1.87
          Attached Files
          Last edited by boopolo; November 19, 2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Can anybody post the original dim % gifs please?

Comment

Originally posted by boopolo View Post
              Can anybody post the original dim % gifs please?
              I went back to a backup from 1/24/14 for version 3.0.0.55 and dim-00 through dim-90 are all the same image. I don't remember them ever being different "brightness", they were all the same orange. Off was a clear bulb and On was yellow.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
                As of last month the GIF 00 to 90 for lights in the classic folder were all at different levels. Whenever you do a complete optimization the GIF's change back to defaults for some reason. That is why I know these images were working then.
                Are you sure you weren't looking at the contemporary icons last month and now it has switched to classic? As I wrote above the classic dim icons were all the same from dim-00 to dim-90. The classic looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	dim-50classic.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	1187890

and the contemporary looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	dim-50contemporary.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1187891

Also of note, the images have .gif extensions but they are actually .png files.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Are you sure you weren't looking at the contemporary icons last month and now it has switched to classic? As I wrote above the classic dim icons were all the same from dim-00 to dim-90. The classic looks like this

[ATTACH]57798[/ATTACH]

and the contemporary looks like this

[ATTACH]57799[/ATTACH]

Also of note, the images have .gif extensions but they are actually .png files.
                  The screenshot I uploaded is from the classic folder, on my C:/ drive. The icons in the contemporary folder are all correct.

Comment

Originally posted by boopolo View Post
                    The screenshot I uploaded is from the classic folder, on my C:/ drive. The icons in the contemporary folder are all correct.
                    Sorry I misread your post, and it wasn't for me.
                    I remember seeing a help video before with those classic lightbulbs at different shades

Comment

Classic Dims 00-90 (light bulb all look the same. They used to have varying brightness from 00 to 90. Look in your Homeseer image files for classic DIMS they are all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
                        Classic Dims 00-90 (light bulb all look the same. They used to have varying brightness from 00 to 90. Look in your Homeseer image files for classic DIMS they are all the same.
                        Yes and what I was saying, I went back through over two years of HomeSeer releases and the classic icons are all the same for dim-00 through dim-90. I have been using the contemporary icons since they were released and they have always been different for each of the levels. My recollection is that the classic have all been the same for dim-00 through dim-90. I have full system backups for every version since January 2014 and have spot checked about 20 of them and there are not any classic dim icons showing different "brightness" within the dim range. I suspect HomeSeer had plans of making them different at some point, but never did. That is why they created VS/VG pairs for ten levels and why the contemporary icons reflect different levels.

I don't think they have ever been different, but would be interested to hear what version provided different classic icons for each level so I can go look at that backup.

Comment

Working...
                        X