Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.5 (beta) is now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.5 (beta) is now available!

MeiHarmonyHub v3.0.3.5 is now available in the HomeSeer store and in the updater (Beta Section)!
    The following are included:

Known issues still existing:
    • It appears sometimes that hub settings are lost which means the activity device no longer updates and the "Use Activity?" checkbox for the hubs is reset to unchecked.

Please see the full descriptions here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194095

Release notes Here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194096

Frank - much better!
    Note: I am still getting the double footer on all screens.

One issue that appears on a couple screens is this: When you select a different hub from a drop-down menu, subsequent menus/fields should automatically refresh to reflect that change. They're not doing that now.

Example: When I initially select a hub on the "Hubs" tab, the IP address of that hub displays below (which you would expect). However, if I change to a different hub, the IP address does not change. It should. Same thing occurs on the "Devices" tab. When initially select a hub and then change to a different hub, the devices and commands don't refresh.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Frank - much better!
      Note: I am still getting the double footer on all screens.

One issue that appears on a couple screens is this: When you select a different hub from a drop-down menu, subsequent menus/fields should automatically refresh to reflect that change. They're not doing that now.

Example: When I initially select a hub on the "Hubs" tab, the IP address of that hub displays below (which you would expect). However, if I change to a different hub, the IP address does not change. It should. Same thing occurs on the "Devices" tab. When initially select a hub and then change to a different hub, the devices and commands don't refresh.
      Thanks Mark,

I'll double check those this weekend. I thought they were refreshing properly.

AS to the double footer, I'll remove it, but then that removes the footer 100% in my dev machine for some reason...but better to have only 1 footer or no footer instead of 2 on some machined (note on my production machine, I get two as well).

Comment

I can confirm that under "Hub IP Management" when I select the first hub the IP auto populates, but never changes when selecting subsequent hubs (I have 3). This is with Chrome current version.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Thanks Mark,

AS to the double footer, I'll remove it, but then that removes the footer 100% in my dev machine for some reason...but better to have only 1 footer or no footer instead of 2 on some machined (note on my production machine, I get two as well).
          Could this be a browser-specific problem? I'm using Google Chrome (FYI).

Comment

Could this be a browser-specific problem? I'm using Google Chrome (FYI).
            Answered my own question. The problem persists on Microsoft browser too.

Comment

Thanks all,

I replicated the issue. I will fix it tonight

Comment

...Same thing occurs on the "Devices" tab. When initially select a hub and then change to a different hub, the devices and commands don't refresh.
                I can't reproduce this one. Selecting a different hub always repopulated the dropdown below it for me to have the devices for that hub.

The only time it doesn't seem to work is I have 2 hubs I don't use device commands so I have "Use Devices?" unchecked. These just show "---------" when I select them.

Comment

I can't reproduce this one. Selecting a different hub always repopulated the dropdown below it for me to have the devices for that hub.

The only time it doesn't seem to work is I have 2 hubs I don't use device commands so I have "Use Devices?" unchecked. These just show "---------" when I select them.
                  Here's how to replicate the problem
                  1. Select a hub
                  2. Now select a device
                  3. NOW, select a different hub
                  If you don't select a device and simply keep changing the hub, it works... but if you select a device, things don't change.

Comment

Here's how to replicate the problem
                    1. Select a hub
                    2. Now select a device
                    3. NOW, select a different hub
                    If you don't select a device and simply keep changing the hub, it works... but if you select a device, things don't change.
                    Ok. Reproduced that. I'll fix it tonight too

Comment

Frank - the plug-in crashed on my system tonight. HS3 kept running but the plug-in went down. After a restart, the hubs had to be set up again (starting with IP addresses). I'm running a HomeTroller S6 PRO (Win 7e)

A couple suggestions

Enabling individual devices commands one at a time takes forever! Would it make more sense to have the plug-in enable all commands and then users could "disable" the ones they don't want to use or don't apply to their products? Or could you add an option at the top of the list to "enable all commands"?

Along those lines, it would be great if you could limit the commands (that display in the control column on the device mgmt page) to just 'enabled' commands. That would serve two purposes. If commands aren't enabled by default (as is the case now), it would alert new users (like me) who did not initially know they had to enable commands before they could be used and (2) is would make the menus a little easier to work with. My assumption was that commands in the menu were ready to be used.

found another formatting 'bug' too. When you select a hub, device and command on the "devices" tab, the background styles at the bottom of the page are "broken"

Comment

Frank - the plug-in crashed on my system tonight. HS3 kept running but the plug-in went down. After a restart, the hubs had to be set up again (starting with IP addresses). I'm running a HomeTroller S6 PRO (Win 7e)

A couple suggestions

Enabling individual devices commands one at a time takes forever! Would it make more sense to have the plug-in enable all commands and then users could "disable" the ones they don't want to use or don't apply to their products?

Along those lines, it would be great if you could limit the commands (that display in the control column on the device mgmt page) to just 'enabled' commands. That would serve two purposes. (1), it would tell new users (like me) who did not initial know they had to enable commands before they could be used and (2) is would make the menus a little easier to work with.

found another formatting 'bug' too. When you select a hub, device and command on the "devices" tab, the background styles at the bottom of the page are "broken"
                        Some users have had an issue losing settings, which I think is odd. I store all the setting in the PED of the devices. The only setting stored in in an INI file is the Main root Device's Reference ID (so I can pull it on plugin start). This is the first time I've heard someone losing all their settings, so I'm thinking it might be due to losing the reference to the main root.

Do you have 2 root devices (the actual plugin root, not a root for a hub)? If so, I need to check to make sure I am looking for that device if the Reference goes missing (user deletes ini file). I thought I was doing it, but it may not be there (I changed how I wrote plugins when I wrote this one).

That said, I am going to move to storing the settings in an XML file or INI files, but I'm still doing that rewrite. When designing MeiKu I went back and forth on where to store the settings... Over the years it seems the best practice changed and ultimately I landed on storing them as objects in PED of the devices (Which is why my plugins all have a main root device) and I am updating the PED whenever a setting change is made.

For MeiHarmonyHub, the main root device stores general settings, the Hub Roots store settings specific to themselves and the "device" devices actually store all their own command settings.

Though I've never had an issue with MeiKu doing this, I am storing a lot more in the PED with this plugin. Maybe I'm just pushing the limits of what should be stored in PED (although it seems to be quite performant).

If you happen to have logs from when the plugin crashed, I would be interested in seeing it. If it was caught, hopefully it's at least in the HS logs.

Now to your suggestions:

Enabling Devices: This only enables the ability to set the command repeat, and repeat delay settings per command. If you aren't planning on using different repeats or repeat delays, you don't need to update them. I should rephrase that checkbox to make that more clear and creating a Manual is on my list of todos.

Actually allowing users to "limit" device commands. It was brought up to do this, but no one seemed overly interested except to say "More options are better". Of course now storing those options seems to have become a problem...LOL. I will revisit this though and explore disabling status/graph pairs.

Formatting Bug: I've reproduced and will fix it

Thanks for the valuable feedback

Comment

I found a but today. As I was testing Mark's bugs I apparently somehow set 3 of my 4 hubs to the same IP address. I need to rework how the "Hub IP Management" works to prevent this, so i would refrain from using this feature for now.

Comment

Do you have 2 root devices (the actual plugin root, not a root for a hub)? If so, I need to check to make sure I am looking for that device if the Reference goes missing (user deletes ini file). I thought I was doing it, but it may not be there (I changed how I wrote plugins when I wrote this one).
                            yes, I have root devices and 1 "hub root" device too.

Now to your suggestions:

Enabling Devices: This only enables the ability to set the command repeat, and repeat delay settings per command. If you aren't planning on using different repeats or repeat delays, you don't need to update them. I should rephrase that checkbox to make that more clear and creating a Manual is on my list of todos.
                            OK, yes... obviously I failed to figure out that screen! My suggestion would be to simply change the label of the check box from "Enabled?" to "Enable Command Repeat Settings". That makes more sense. Likewise, you could change the section header from "Device/Command Config" to simply "Command Config".

Actually allowing users to "limit" device commands. It was brought up to do this, but no one seemed overly interested except to say "More options are better". Of course now storing those options seems to have become a problem...LOL. I will revisit this though and explore disabling status/graph pairs.
                            That makes sense in the context that you're only displaying commands that are enabled anyway... so, that's fine.

I do have a couple other GUI suggestions

Generally, I recommend arranging the tabs in a way that makes setting things up as easy as possible. In that spirit, here's what I would recommend:
                            1. Since users will need to connect to their hubs before doing anything, re-arrange the tabs so that "Hubs" appears first.
                            2. The "Main" tab is really just settings. In my case, I didn't have to change anything on that screen. Suggest renaming that tab "Settings" and moving it to the 3rd tab position.
                            3. "Logging" doesn't really need a tab of its own. I would recommend adding the logging settings to the bottom of the Settings tab.

Comment

yes, I have root devices and 1 "hub root" device too.

OK, yes... obviously I failed to figure out that screen! My suggestion would be to simply change the label of the check box from "Enabled?" to "Enable Command Repeat Settings". That makes more sense. Likewise, you could change the section header from "Device/Command Config" to simply "Command Config".

That makes sense in the context that you're only displaying commands that are enabled anyway... so, that's fine.

I do have a couple other GUI suggestions

Generally, I recommend arranging the tabs in a way that makes setting things up as easy as possible. In that spirit, here's what I would recommend:
                              1. Since users will need to connect to their hubs before doing anything, re-arrange the tabs so that "Hubs" appears first.
                              2. The "Main" tab is really just settings. In my case, I didn't have to change anything on that screen. Suggest renaming that tab "Settings" and moving it to the 3rd tab position.
                              3. "Logging" doesn't really need a tab of its own. I would recommend adding the logging settings to the bottom of the Settings tab.
                              Those all sound like great suggestions. The only real reason I have logging set in it's own tab is it makes it easier to copy from plugin to plugin since I've created a base DLL for speeding up the time it takes me to create a plugin from scratch. The logging config isn't part of that, but the logging is, so I've just split it out. I think you're right though and I will re-adjust all the tabs as your suggestions make most sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X