Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.5 (beta) is now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tinkering with this over the weekend and decided to add Google Home control to the TV in the bedroom. Works pretty well! Commands like "OK Google, turn on the TV" and "OK Google, turn on CBS" can be done by creating virtual devices "TV" and "CBS", adding "TV" and "CBS" to the respective Voice Command fields and then creating events that send the sequence of IR commands when the virtual device has it's value "set to" ON. Be sure to use "set to" instead of "changes and becomes" since the (CBS) device is forever ON once you've set it to ON.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      I was tinkering with this over the weekend and decided to add Google Home control to the TV in the bedroom. Works pretty well! Commands like "OK Google, turn on the TV" and "OK Google, turn on CBS" can be done by creating virtual devices "TV" and "CBS", adding "TV" and "CBS" to the respective Voice Command fields and then creating events that send the sequence of IR commands when the virtual device has it's value "set to" ON. Be sure to use "set to" instead of "changes and becomes" since the (CBS) device is forever ON once you've set it to ON.
      Another route for this is linking Harmony directly to Alexa. Alexa discovers Harmony favourites and you can say "Alexa, turn on CBS". Granted, this bypasses HS, but it's seamless and less effort to setup.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I will be adding "Macros" to the plugin which should make this a lot easier. Mabye I could write in something like the option to create a device to trigger the macro? Each macro would have a setting for this so as to not inundate HS with a bunch of needless devices.

Just brainstorming here

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Another route for this is linking Harmony directly to Alexa. Alexa discovers Harmony favourites and you can say "Alexa, turn on CBS". Granted, this bypasses HS, but it's seamless and less effort to setup.
          Yup, there's a direct Google Home integration too (for nubes)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I will be adding "Macros" to the plugin which should make this a lot easier. Mabye I could write in something like the option to create a device to trigger the macro? Each macro would have a setting for this so as to not inundate HS with a bunch of needless devices.

Just brainstorming here
            Alexa and Google Assistant only know about HomeSeer 'devices'... so if you're going to launch a macro from one of these voice assistants, it needs to be done with devices, I believe.

Comment

Alexa and Google Assistant only know about HomeSeer 'devices'... so if you're going to launch a macro from one of these voice assistants, it needs to be done with devices, I believe.
              Yeah, that's what I mean. I could have an option when you create a Macro in the plugin to also create a device in HS that could trigger it.

So, say you create a macro for starting CBS: Turn on Activity "Watch TV", wait 2 seconds, send channel number

Then I could create a device called "CBS" with an "on" button which you could set up in Google home or Alexa.

This allows you to simplify the creation process instead of having to create a device on your own, and then create an event to handle it.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I mean. I could have an option when you create a Macro in the plugin to also create a device in HS that could trigger it.

So, say you create a macro for starting CBS: Turn on Activity "Watch TV", wait 2 seconds, send channel number

Then I could create a device called "CBS" with an "on" button which you could set up in Google home or Alexa.

This allows you to simplify the creation process instead of having to create a device on your own, and then create an event to handle it.
                I like the idea of this. Anything that simplifies the process would be welcome.

Comment

I have all of my media events turn off the virtual channel devices when the physical device is turned off. This way I can go between channels. If I turn on "ABC" for example it turns on the TV, turns on ABC, turns off CBS, Chromecast, etc.

Comment

I had a MeiharmonyHub plugin induced HS3 crash today running plugin version 3.0.3.4. The crash wiped the HS3 license file. HSsentry restarted HS3 but it hung waiting to accept the trial. Fortunately I had a copy of the license file.

The crash was recorded by Windows 10 reliability history, a handy utility.

I updated to 3.0.3.5 tonight, I'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      I had a MeiharmonyHub plugin induced HS3 crash today running plugin version 3.0.3.4. The crash wiped the HS3 license file. HSsentry restarted HS3 but it hung waiting to accept the trial. Fortunately I had a copy of the license file.

The crash was recorded by Windows 10 reliability history, a handy utility.

I updated to 3.0.3.5 tonight, I'll see how it goes.
                      Out of curiousity, how do you know the plug-in caused it? And do you happen to have any logs so I can try and prevent it in the future? ;Windows logs, home see logs anything to try and point me to the cause).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

hi,

I still; have a problem when a hub disconnects with .5 version;

Code:
                        apr-10 10:16:57	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 60592f43-fe8b-4ad7-2ecf-d32f44d58e45 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                        apr-10 10:16:57	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 60592f43-fe8b-4ad7-2ecf-d32f44d58e45 failed with message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I forced an AP reboot, which disconnect my hub, but it reconnects and is available in the app etc. However, sometimes the plugin will keep giving these errors. If i stop the plugin and restart the plugin, the errors are gone.

Any thoughts?

Bart
                        Regards Bart
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                        HSPRO 3.
                        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                          hi,

I still; have a problem when a hub disconnects with .5 version;

Code:
                          apr-10 10:16:57	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 60592f43-fe8b-4ad7-2ecf-d32f44d58e45 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                          apr-10 10:16:57	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 60592f43-fe8b-4ad7-2ecf-d32f44d58e45 failed with message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I forced an AP reboot, which disconnect my hub, but it reconnects and is available in the app etc. However, sometimes the plugin will keep giving these errors. If i stop the plugin and restart the plugin, the errors are gone.

Any thoughts?

Bart
                          That message generally means that something between the plugin and the hub (or the hub itself) is killing the connection. It could be a firewall or your router. Another user had the same issue and it was tied to their router firmware. Have you made sure you're firewall isn't blocking it. It uses port 5222 for communication with the hub.

Is this running on Windows or Linux?

Comment

hi,

Its on windows. I am running a UNIFI setup at home. But in addition i have 4 hubs, which are connected to same vlan and ap. which doent have that issue at that moment, so not likely its the firewall then in that case i guess.

However i had some issue with the unifi setup last week..

Bart
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                              hi,

Its on windows. I am running a UNIFI setup at home. But in addition i have 4 hubs, which are connected to same vlan and ap. which doent have that issue at that moment, so not likely its the firewall then in that case i guess.

However i had some issue with the unifi setup last week..

Bart
                              Do you have the phone app? My communication is based off the phone app's communication (at least he Android version, but I'm pretty sure the iOS version communicates the same way). I'm wondering if the phone app also has the same problem staying connected.

It's not a great test because it could still be something on the windows machine blocking it (windows firewall or something else blocking it), but it might show if it's the hubs at least.

Do all 4 of them not connect?

Comment

Out of curiousity, how do you know the plug-in caused it? And do you happen to have any logs so I can try and prevent it in the future? ;Windows logs, home see logs anything to try and point me to the cause).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                                Reliability History Control Panel in Windows 10 recorded the crash. The same failure occurred 3 times in a row with approximately 1 minute between events.

Here are the details from that utility. Unfortunately, the crash corrupted the HS3 log file.

Description
                                Faulting application name: HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe, version: 3.0.3.4, time stamp: 0x5ac2fc71
                                Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.966, time stamp: 0x643391f2
                                Exception code: 0xe0434352
                                Fault offset: 0x000ecbc2
                                Faulting process id: 0x12c8
                                Faulting application start time: 0x01d3cb734bfbd508
                                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer3\HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe
                                Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                                Report Id: 894636cc-bd5f-4fe9-b575-e5463a37f5c2
                                Faulting package full name:
                                Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

Working...
                                X