Downloaded plugin from updater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded plugin from updater?

I downloaded your trial plugin and am at a loss to start with. First of all I downloaded from regular updater not the beta updater. It doesn't appear to automatically recognize my hub? Do I need to enter IP Address for hub and would I get the address from the router?

I set up the hub and have devices working and one activity working. So hub is up and running. Thought the plugin would automatically find the hub?

Help on this matter is much appreciated !!!!

The plug-in doesn't currently find hubs and you have to manually enter the ip address. The way Logitech handles discovery is a bit different than I'm used to and I've had trouble reliably reproducing it.

The best thing to do is set up a static dhcp reservation for the hubs in your router so it never changes and enter that io in the plug-in (I would recommend that even if I did have discovery).

BTW, I would use the beta version. It has some stabilization fixes for the connection and some newer features.

Thanks,
    Frank

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I successfully entered the ip address and it recognized the hub. It also correctly identified the devices and activity. However, when I select a command for the tv it does not execute.

I disabled the plugin from normal updater and downloaded the lattest beta plugin and it loaded ok. Looks like the beta update loader updated the regular loader successfully? Also hub, devices, activity show up fine. However again the device commands do not execute at all. I can go to the harmony app on phone and device commands work fine. Even with beta version commands don't work and get several errors in log? Any help on resolution of this issue is appreciated. Thanks much Frank !!!!!
      Last edited by Rick Bonari; April 29, 2018, 09:57 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
        I successfully entered the ip address and it recognized the hub. It also correctly identified the devices and activity. However, when I select a command for the tv it does not execute.

I disabled the plugin from normal updater and downloaded the lattest beta plugin and it loaded ok. Looks like the beta update loader updated the regular loader successfully? Also hub, devices, activity show up fine. However again the device commands do not execute at all. I can go to the harmony app on phone and device commands work fine. Even with beta version commands don't work and get several errors in log? Any help on resolution of this issue is appreciated. Thanks much Frank !!!!!
        Can you go to the settings, general settings tab, and check "debug logging". Then reproduce the issue and once you are sure you've reproduced it, navigate to /Logs in your HS3 install directory and zip and send me the MeiHarmonyHub.log file?

There may be more than 1 file if you've gone over 1 day. The plugin produces 1 log/day. If the log is from today, the extension will be .log, if its from a previous day it will be .logYYYYMMDD where YYYYMMDD is the date.

Once I have the logs I'll see why it's not working. As long as it's connecting, it should send the commands just fine.

Comment

Last night it did connect and I was able to send commands successfully. However it is quite intermittent and even though it says it is connected I can't send commands. When this happens, I disable the plugin in the plugin manager and then reenable and then it connects and initializes ok and I can send commands ok. However it doesn't take long until it won't send commands even when it says that it is connected. Very frustrating !!!! Could this be happening because I loaded the beta over the regular updater file? Sometimes it says it was forcefully closed, whatever that means. Your continued help is much appreciated.....Rick

Comment

forcefully closed means it lost connection. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like it's being forcefully closed, but the plugin isn't registering it correctly. If I can get the logs, it would help diagnose the issue.

Comment

Would it be a good idea to remove the plugin completely from the system and then reinstall the beta version. What is the procedure for uninstalling your plugin?

Maybe when I installed the beta version over the released version something got messed up. Is this a possibility?

Also I noticed on the device management page that the connect and disconnect buttons don't appear to be working. When I click on connect or disconnect nothing happens.

When I get home I will send the error messages I get in homeseer log to start with. Plugin seems to work ok when connected and initialized but doesn't stay connected very long at all.

I know the hub is up and working because I can send commands all day long with harmony phone app.

Your continued help is much appreciated !!!! Rick

Comment

Please see my previous post

I noticed in General Settings that "Request Timeout" is set to 2000 and the default value is supposed to be set to 10000. Could this be an issue?

Could device polling set at 1 day be causing issues? I wouldn't expect so.

I will try setting "Request Timeout" to 10000 from 2000. 10000 is what it says the default should be......Rick

Comment

Again, please see previous two posts.....

The only way I can recover any useable action is to disable plugin in the plugin manager and then re-enable it. Then it works well for about an hour and then stops working. I have attached the debug file to this post. Hopefully prayerfully the attachment actually got attached. So far the plugin isn't much use to me however when it stays connected it seems to control devices reliably. Thanks again for all your help !!!! Looking forward to see what you come up with.........Rick
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, Rick, I didn't get back to you. Last night was not a good night for bedtime with the kids (2 didn't really go down until 10pm). I'll take a look at the logs today/tonight and see what I can spot.

If you want to reinstall, then do the following:

Turn off the plugin.
                    Remove all devices the plugin created (You can filter on Device Type: "Type: Plug-In: MeiHarmonyHub" on the device maintenance page)
                    Click the Red X (this should remove at least the .exe and config files).
                    Then remove all these files if they still exist:
                    • HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe
                    • HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe.config
                    • bin/MeiHarmonyHub (Folder and all contents)
                    • Config/MeiHarmonyHub (folder and all contents)
                    • html/images/MeiHarmonyHub (folder and all contents)

Then you can reinstall the plugin (from the beta section). I'm about to release the beta as a normal release this week so I wouldn't worry about it being stable. IT should be more stable than the normal version at this point.

For settings at this point I would recommend:
                    Request Timeout: 10000 (10 seconds)
                    Time Between Connection Attempts: 5000 (5 seconds)

Update: I did check your logs and you aren't actually successfully connecting. You are getting this error every time it attempts to connect: "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.". This tells me that something between the plugin and the hub is stopping communication.

It could be your windows firewall. The plugin needs port 5222 opened. I haven't had to open the port on any of my machines, but if you have your firewall really locked down, that could be why. I've also had other users experience the same issue due to their router somehow blocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                      Again, please see previous two posts.....

The only way I can recover any useable action is to disable plugin in the plugin manager and then re-enable it. Then it works well for about an hour and then stops working. I have attached the debug file to this post. Hopefully prayerfully the attachment actually got attached. So far the plugin isn't much use to me however when it stays connected it seems to control devices reliably. Thanks again for all your help !!!! Looking forward to see what you come up with.........Rick
                      The logs you sent only include connection attempts. If you could turn on logging and capture it when it's working an then fails, that would be most helpful.

Comment

I'm not getting how port 5222 could be blocked when I disable plugin and re-enable it and it connects and initializes it just fine. Once it connects I can send device commands perfectly as long as it is connected. Problem is that connection drops after about a half hour. If I go back and disable plugin and re-enable it again then it works again for about a half hour. If the port was blocked I would think it wouldn't work at all !!!!

I have a stock hometroller s6 pro with standard homeseer HS3 Software installed. I have no other software installed on computer and no firewall.

I will turn plugin back on and try to capture in the log the transition between working and disconnection.

Have you seen this before where it connects for awhile and works fine and then drops connection until disabling and re-enabling the plugin? Are others having this same issue.

How long have you had the plugin running on your end and do you also experience disconnections at times?

Once disconnected, can't use connect/disconnect buttons on device management page to reconnect. Is this typical.

When the plugin stops running I can immediately go to harmony app on phone and control harmony devices just fine and reliably. This tells me the hub is communicating just fine.

Again, could this problem be caused by beta version being loaded over the released version?

I like the plugin but very frustrated at this point.

Hopefully we can get this issue worked out. Thanks again for your help....Rick

Comment

Yeah sorry I mentioned the firewall issue because the log is nothing but connection attempts. I briefly forgot you said it would work for an hour.

Once I get a log of it going from working to failing I'll have a better picture. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll do my best to get you up and running. I'm sorry it's frustrating.

As to how long I've had mine running, mine runs without stop between releases without issue. It can run days and weeks and if anything I get a forced connection failure and it immediately reconnects. I have monitoring on mine to keep track of when the plug-in fails for testing purposes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Right now it is working. I have debug logging enabled again. When it disconnects it never automatically re-connects. Can other installed plugins affect your plugin? Could the fact that I installed beta over released version have anything to do with this issue? You never did answere this question? Thanks again....Rick

Comment

I'm not sure if installing the beta over the production version would cause this. I did give instructions on removing the plugin and you can try that. I have yet to run those tests locally to see the effects of doing so.

At this point, if you haven't added a lot of events or logic surrounding this, I would reinstall at this point just to be sure.

However, if you want to let it run until it fails so I can get the logs first, It might help provide insight for other users.

Comment

Working...
                              X