Way2Call phone icon turns yellow- loses HS communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call phone icon turns yellow- loses HS communication

Started using the Way2call about a week ago. Build 1.6.66 of HS and whatever the current beta was for HSP. After a few days we lost the ability to use our phones (no dial tone). Upon checking the HS computer I saw that the little phone icon in the tray was yellow. When I would right click on the icon my only usable option was "about," all other options were grayed out. I decided to cycle power on the hi-phone (by unplugging it and plugging it back in) this resulted in the "blue screen of death" on the PC. I rebooted and all was fine.

Last night the wife calls (I was out of town) with the news that the same problem (no dial tone) exists. She'd already tried her first troubleshooting step, rebooting the PC , but no luck. I had her check the icon- yellow again. Had her cycle power on the Hi-phone. No Change. Told her to shut down the PC, unplug the Hi-phone and plug it back in, and then reboot. If that didn't work call me back. No call back, must have worked.

I came home today and found that while the phones worked (hence no call back) the Hi-phone was not doing anything (no call announcements, etc.). Checked the PC and sure enough I have the yellow icon. Check for a new beta of HSP. There was one. I installed that. While it was installing, and HS and HSP are shut down, the Hi-phone icon in the tray gave me options (upon right click) again. I ran it through its diagnostics and all checked out fine. Restarted HS and HSP. The icon turns yellow again. Phone works, but the Hi-phone is still more or less disabled. I decided to run the setup wizard in HSP again and now everything is working fine. It I suspect in a could days that yellow icon is coming back.

Running Win 98 SE. Any thoughts?

Although running the hardware wizard *seems* to fix the issue, the icon turns yellow again a few seconds later.

Comment

I have everythng working for now. The icon is still yellow which *seems* wrong, but maybe I just have a poor memory.

I totally uninstalled and reinstalled hi-phone. In order to get the plug-n-play to work I needed to go through the additional step of manually editting the registry. Rich's backout steps don;t idicate that I should have needed to do this so maybe something was wrong with the original install.

Comment

Working...
      X