www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsSprinklers

Old September 1st, 2015, 08:09 PM
Seer Plus

Hi. I'm very interested in using your plugin. However, my system is controled by 6 relays and not by a rain8 or whatever. Is there a way to make the plugin control independent devices, each connected to a single relay? That would make the plugin really universal.
Old September 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
OverSeer

It has that capability as long as each relay is associated with a Homeseer Device Code and the relay can be controlled with On and Off commands.

By using relay you will typically have a low cost implementation, but you miss out on the monitoring that is typically obtained with internal timers in irrigation controllers. You also miss out on the two way communications that mcsSprinklers will use if the controller/relay has status feedback. Relay will not provide the feedback as to which state it is really in and mcsSprinklers will just trust that when it commands it to be ON or OFF it will go to that state.
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Seer Deluxe

I currently have a pro license for HS2. If I upgrade to HS3, do I have to purchase another license? If yes, is there any discount for upgrading from a HS2 license?

Thanks
Old November 15th, 2016, 03:30 PM
OverSeer

It is all handled by HS store. I believe it shows a discount in the updater for an HS2 to HS3 vs. HS3 only.
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Seer Master

Updating to 2.17.0.5 gives me the following error:
Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Install/Update of package mcsSprinklersB failed.
Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Error Installation of package mcsSprinklersB failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\mcsSprinklersB2.17.0.5
Feb-11 12:41:30 Error Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\mcsSprinklersB2.17.0.5\mcsSprinklersB_2_17_0_5_ HS3.zip, EOF in header on line 0
Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Installing package mcsSprinklersB
Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Update HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSB.exe downloaded successfully

When I go to the zip file, the zip is there, but it is empty.

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl
Old February 11th, 2017, 01:53 PM
OverSeer

You are correct, it looks like the upload failed. I did the upload again.
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Seer Plus

PRO standalone

Michael,
I currently have the pro version standalone at version 2.15.0.27. Is there a separate upgrade for the standalone version? If not, do I still just take the .dll from the latest version of HS3 to upgrade?
Old June 18th, 2017, 03:30 AM
OverSeer

Each year major version releases are produced. They are available at mcsSprinklers.com setup.exe. Updates within the year are available via Other page or can be manually downloaded as .dll from mcsSprinklers.com. The .dll for standalone and HS1/HS2 are the same. The HS3 .dll is different.

If you want to change from Standalone to plugin then this needs to be done via standard HST purchase. I do not have any HS3 license management capability. I can provide a HS2 license based upon your standalone one and then you can get upgrade rather than original pricing.

I forgot about looking into UPB. I thought this was about the HS3 version. Was it for standalone?