Kwikset Locks Not Accepting User Codes from BLLOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
    Hello, anyone from HS care to comment on the status of the feature being added to the Developer Kit so Blade's Plug-in can be fully functional? I have now integrated my Kwikset SmartCode 916 Locks into HS and would love to have the Plug-in control the codes.

Thanks,

-Travis
    +1 Would love to see this added. That said, BLLock is still useful as a way to within HS3 keep a database of the lock codes.

Comment

+1 here as well. It would be a great addition to HS and BLLock

Comment

Blade, your plugin for HS2 also had the user code features, and the requisite feature in the HS API never materialized back then either. I see that HS has so much work to do, that it might be a very long time before they deliver on this request, if ever. However, note that you can set the codes through their web interface, which means functionality to do it is in fact there, just not in the regular API. It would not take a lot of coding to make use of the same mechanism that is used when one sets the code through the HS web page interface. A bit of snooping into the web page coding is all it would take. Would you consider going that route, so that we can finally have this feature fully integrated after years of waiting under both HS2 and HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
          Blade, your plugin for HS2 also had the user code features, and the requisite feature in the HS API never materialized back then either. I see that HS has so much work to do, that it might be a very long time before they deliver on this request, if ever. However, note that you can set the codes through their web interface, which means functionality to do it is in fact there, just not in the regular API. It would not take a lot of coding to make use of the same mechanism that is used when one sets the code through the HS web page interface. A bit of snooping into the web page coding is all it would take. Would you consider going that route, so that we can finally have this feature fully integrated after years of waiting under both HS2 and HS3?
          It can also be done through events now, so that may be another possible avenue.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            It can also be done through events now, so that may be another possible avenue.

Cheers
            Al
            This is probably an even better path. Create an immediate one time event to fire, with the plugin originated code stuffed inside.

Comment

Working...
            X