Libraries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libraries?

Most of my music is stored on a WD Cloud device. I am able to switch to this "Library" in Itunes but don't see any way to switch to this with iTunes DAAP. The Itunes DAAP player page uses the "This Computer" library which does not contain my music. Is there any way to get to the music on my WD Cloud device?

what is "WD Cloud service" and how can I use it to test with iTunes and the plug-in?

Comment

I assume it would be similar to connecting to a library somebody has shared on another computer via preferences, sharing although i have not done this and would have to test to see if it works the same. I have attached screenshots of how to connect to the WDMyCloud library in iTunes. Clicking on "Music" on pic1 brings up the box shown in pic2. You then pick WDMyCloud. At this point you see all the albums, playlists, etc. that are on the WD device.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's probably similar to a shared library, but the plug-in doesn't support shared libraries. It's a feature I may try to add in a future version of the plug-in, but in most cases it's useless because if you share an iTunes library from another computer you probably have iTunes installed on that other computer, so the plug-in can directly connect to it.

One workaround you could try is to make your iTunes Media Folder point to your WD Cloud device as explained in this video: https://youtu.be/nvpoVUYZ0X4?t=1m36s

Comment

Working...
        X