MyQ Garage Door Control with ImperiHome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyQ Garage Door Control with ImperiHome

I am having a bit of difficulty in managing Open and Close for my MyQ Garage Doors. I was able to add my MyQ Garage Doors to the Security Devices tab in ImperiHome to know the status of the doors.

I would like to add a simple Lock / Unlock switch in ImperiHome for the doors. I can control the doors by adding the doors to the MultiSwitch tab in ImperiHome configuration. But, this is not as useful as a simple Lock / Unlock control showing the status of the Door.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks!

I don't know how this particular door lock is represented in HS?

but if you can set the ControlUse property of the device controls representing this lock to "Door Lock"/"Door Unlock", then it should automatically appear in ImperiHome as a Lock device.

Comment

Well that did the trick! Thanks!

Comment

I was able to add the MyQ openers as door locks, however, while I can open/close the garage doors through ImperiHome, the status does not get updated so they simply show as locked.
        Attached Files

Comment

the problem is that the plugin expect the values marked as "Control Use: Door Lock/Unlock" to be both controls and status, which is not the case here, this MyQ device use different values for status.

In a future version I will add additional configuration, so that you can choose the status values to use.

In the meantime, the workaround is to use an additional IH device (a generic sensor with string status) to show the status of the door lock.

Comment

Do you have an ETA for this feature?

Comment

Subscribed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will this be added soon?

Comment

This would be great...

+1

Comment

bump...

Comment

@Spud
                      Please let us know if you can add this so we can use status values?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                        @Spud
                        Please let us know if you can add this so we can use status values?

thank you
                        I already said its on my TODO list, but it is not very high...

Comment

Could you make this a little higher priority please? I'm sure a lot of people use these garage door openers. It might even be the most popular type out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                            Could you make this a little higher priority please? I'm sure a lot of people use these garage door openers. It might even be the most popular type out there.
                            Count me on as well, been waiting quite a while on this feature. A bit disappointed on the wait

Comment

this is not high in my TODO list because it's not a blocking problem.

as I said earlier you can add a generic sensor with string status to get the status of the door in IH.

you could also try to use a multiswitch to represent this door. This should work, and this should give you both control and status in the same widget.

Comment

Working...
                              X