This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
    Interesting. I'm running the 3.0.1.18 HAI plug-in. Didn't know there was a newer one.
    Hahaha! I just realized that you posted that statement in a thread titled "HAI Plugin Beta - v3.0.1.21". I really needed that today!!! Thx!! Hope it gets sorted out for you. Maybe delete one Zone and then Upgrade to .21 and see what the PI Builds?!?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      • Copy the attached zip file to your Updates3/Zips folder.
      • Copy the attached updater_override.txt file to the HS3 root folder.
      • From the Manage Plugins page, disable the HAI plugin if it is running.
      • Click on Update Listing.
      • You should see the HAI Plugin Beta listed.
      • Select and install the plugin.
      Think I followed this correctly but when I click Update Listing the plug in only appears in the beta section and it's still the .18 version.

The updater_override.txt file is in /home/homeseer

I even restarted the controller thinking it didn't see the newly created folder but that didn't work with. Sorry for my ignorance but I've never shelled into a remote system before and fiddled with it...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
        Think I followed this correctly but when I click Update Listing the plug in only appears in the beta section and it's still the .18 version.

The updater_override.txt file is in /home/homeseer

I even restarted the controller thinking it didn't see the newly created folder but that didn't work with. Sorry for my ignorance but I've never shelled into a remote system before and fiddled with it...
        Copy the updater_override.txt from /home/homeseer to /usr/local/HomeSeer

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Woo hoo, that worked!

You can tell I'm not a Linux guy (I'm actually an IBM i software architect but never touched Linux).

So for the sake of helping others, besides copying the .TXT file to the /usr/local/homeseer folder I also had to copy the downloaded update to /Updates3/Zips.

Rob had told us this in the instructions but not knowing Linux or what I was doing I didn't know about the /usr/local/homeseer folder so I made my own in the wrong place.

Once I copied the zip file to the existing folder in /usr/local/homeseer the update worked...

Thanks Rob for all your patience and help. Now I'll go back to testing the zones and see if the status code numbers are now matching the text descriptions.

Comment

Good news Michael.

Yup; here in 1995 somebody (well my boss) dropped an IBM AS400 on my desk and told me to learn it. I was just learning MS SQL and Rumba at the time and used the Windows 95 desktop (MS SQL server) storing screen scrapes via Rumba from the AS400. (automotive industry).

In the 2000's used the AS400 for international bean counting for EPC/Gas and Oil industry.

At the time recall calling IBM for service at 3AM in the morning and a couple of guys coming by with white shirts and ties to work on the IBM controller.

Linux is an easy command line structure once you have done it a few times.

Here moved HomeSeer to the root drive so I wouldn't have to type as much.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

New version posted to the updater. Release info and discussion here:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187723
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
              X