4 button remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 button remote

Went ahead and took advantage of the closeout and got a four button remote (it's really 8 but they are looking like 4 devices) Heard there was a way to make it 8 buttons or take advantage of dimming capability.

It registered with homeseer fine but again only see 4 devices as on-off state. Any ideas? I would like to set some buttons up as toggles (with the appropriate script) and other as just triggers (like pause music, play music)

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry, I only use mine as a standard 4 button on/off.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I think the manual tells how to convert it. Once you so this...Delete it from the plugin and re-add. I think it should pick up the new config.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

As an alternative. I think the "Grouped Buttons" in the plugin controls 4 vs 8. Turn off to get 8 btns. You will still need to delete and re-add
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark - thanks for responding where is the grouped buttons option? I just followed the instructions in the manual to convert it to an 8 button toggle controller, deleted and re-added to the plugin but it still picks it up as a 4 scene controller and creates 4 devices. Randomly on the keypad buttons will control device on/off toggle. Got any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
              Mark - thanks for responding where is the grouped buttons option? I just followed the instructions in the manual to convert it to an 8 button toggle controller, deleted and re-added to the plugin but it still picks it up as a 4 scene controller and creates 4 devices. Randomly on the keypad buttons will control device on/off toggle. Got any advice?
              please post the [device] section for the remotelinc2 in question
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Screenshot

here's the screenshot
                Attached Files

Comment

I just realized you are using the Homeseer plugin and not mine; see below

http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=792

mine will allow you to convert from 4 to 8 and vice versa
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I was debating your plugin vs home seer's what are the other differences?

Comment

HST's is in beta and only supports certain switches. Mark has deep support for switches like keypadlincs and group/scenes. I also get a lot of use out of Mark's "Test Communications" feature for debugging line problem and figuring out where dual band switches or access point.

Try both plugins for their trial periods and look at the differences between them. Also look at the depth of technical support content and conversations on both boards. HST is spread extremely thin, where Mark only has a couple of plugins and focuses all of his attention there.

I've used Mark's plugin since 2011 and its the most important component of my system, including HS itself.
                      Paul

Comment

Oh I can definitely see the difference in device support I'm now looking at it financially. Aside from the Remotelinc (which was sold by Homeseer) everything else works fine so far though all I have are switches and plug in modules. Just spending $60 for another plugin to support (even if better) this stuff is tough. Might have to go with Z wave anyway for some things and I am just looking at where better to invest money.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Oh I can definitely see the difference in device support I'm now looking at it financially. Aside from the Remotelinc (which was sold by Homeseer) everything else works fine so far though all I have are switches and plug in modules. Just spending $60 for another plugin to support (even if better) this stuff is tough. Might have to go with Z wave anyway for some things and I am just looking at where better to invest money.
                          what kind of devices does zwave have that Insteon doesn't? usually its the other way around...Insteon has keypads and fanlincs which zwave users like better.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            what kind of devices does zwave have that Insteon doesn't? usually its the other way around...Insteon has keypads and fanlincs which zwave users like better.
                            I was forced to add Z-wave to get decent locks (ones that reported status back to HomeSeer). I also have Z-wave thermostats. While Insteon has thermostats too, these were less expensive and more attractive.

All in all, if it could be, I would rather have all Insteon. I only have a few Z-wave devices, and they were more trouble than the Insteon. (They are finally stable now, on HS2.)

I would recommend using Insteon as much as possible, and Z-wave as little as possible.

Comment

The sensors, alarms, and integration of multifunction devices (like an on / off module with built in electric utilization reporting)

Comment

Working...
                              X