How to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to...

How to use a touch screen monitor on a Hometroller??

What model Hometroller are you using?

Are you wanting to run a HSTouch screen on the touch screen.

IE: run Homeseer and Homeseer touch on the HomeTroller?

You will have issues running both on an older Hometroller.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have the S6
      I have a touch screen monitor Acer brand new and wanted to use it to run HSTouch on the S6.
      The S6 is in the perfect location for me to connect a control touch screen since the S6 runs 24/7.

Came to find out that the "pen and touch" are not even installed on the windows 7 version that is on the S6.

Beats all logic out of me why HomeSeer uses a windows version without pen and touch, since the idea is to control your home with HSTouch.

Now I am attempting to find out how pen and touch can be added to the S6 so that it can be used as a HSTouch client.

I submitted a ticket, but no reply so far.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbJetKits View Post
        I have the S6
        I have a touch screen monitor Acer brand new and wanted to use it to run HSTouch on the S6.
        The S6 is in the perfect location for me to connect a control touch screen since the S6 runs 24/7.

Came to find out that the "pen and touch" are not even installed on the windows 7 version that is on the S6.

Beats all logic out of me why HomeSeer uses a windows version without pen and touch, since the idea is to control your home with HSTouch.

Now I am attempting to find out how pen and touch can be added to the S6 so that it can be used as a HSTouch client.

I submitted a ticket, but no reply so far.
        The OS delivered on the embedded devices is a stripped down version of the full OS to keep them fast and light. If you want to run a touch screen you will need to find the OS drivers and load them to get this functionality.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, I figured that

where do I find the OS Drivers??

Comment

Didn't the monitor come with drivers? A quick search for "touch screen monitor drivers for windows7" shows a ton of drivers.

Comment

Here testing with an HP Windows 7 Intel Atom N270 embedded terminal and a MicroTouch widescreen capacitance touchscreen.

I have installed SAPI and the touchscreen drivers so far and it works well. Next installing the Kinect drivers. All of the installation stuff is via the adminstrative accesss to the embedded terminal.

It will also have speaker dot exe and HSTouch 3 running on it.

I am comparing running this HP 7e terminal to the new Intel Atom Baytrail running a lite windows 8.1/10 with same hardware connections. Thing is I can velcro the tiny Baytrail PC to the back of the Microtouch touchscreen monitor.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, there are indeed a ton of monitor drivers..

The problem is that the Pen and Touch functions that come with windows are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Here testing with an HP Windows 7 Intel Atom N270 embedded terminal and a MicroTouch widescreen capacitance touchscreen.

I have installed SAPI and the touchscreen drivers so far and it works well. Next installing the Kinect drivers. All of the installation stuff is via the adminstrative accesss to the embedded terminal.

It will also have speaker dot exe and HSTouch 3 running on it.

I am comparing running this HP 7e terminal to the new Intel Atom Baytrail running a lite windows 8.1/10 with same hardware connections. Thing is I can velcro the tiny Baytrail PC to the back of the Microtouch touchscreen monitor.
                  So, you ended up upgrading the windows 7 standard OS?

Comment

There are a lot of hits when I search for "pen and touch driver windows 7". Maybe one of these will work for you.

Comment

No

Today I have two HS2 pro boxes running on Windows server.

I am slowly converting to HS3.

That said I have Homeseer 3 Pro running on Ubuntu 64 bit Linux and Homeseer 3 lite (Zee-2) running on an RPi2.

The Homeseer 3 server software will remain in the Linux world for me.

Relating to HSTouch 3 I have settled on Wintel for the time being as the primary touch interface.

Most of my HS2 touchscreens are running on Windows embedded XP. I also run speaker dot exe on same touchscreens.

My new HS3 touchscreens are still on XPe. That said I am playing a bit and testing HS3 Touch / speaker dot exe on Windows 7 embedded and Windows 8.1 lite.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Did some research and the problem is not a driver, but the simple fact that Microsoft multitouch has not been installed on the embedded windows 7.

two options:

1. if there is enough space on the tiny S6 hard drive, upgrade to a windows 7 home edition

2. retire my new S6 and replace it with a pc.

Comment

Did some research and the problem is not a driver, but the simple fact that Microsoft multitouch has not been installed on the embedded windows 7.

two options:

1. if there is enough space on the tiny S6 hard drive, upgrade to a windows 7 home edition

2. retire my new S6 and replace it with a pc.
                          You could always connect this monitor to a PC that supports touch and call the HS interfaces you desire. ie the web interface, the HSTouch interface, etc

Comment

running the S6 right next to another pc just for the HSTouch client is really not a solution , but rather a band aid. I thought one of the benefits using HomeSeer is energy savings.

adding a mouse to the S6 instead of touch screen monitor is also not a solution.

Comment

running the S6 right next to another pc just for the HSTouch client is really not a solution , but rather a band aid. I thought one of the benefits using HomeSeer is energy savings.

adding a mouse to the S6 instead of touch screen monitor is also not a solution.
                              You should be able to add the components needed to run a touch screen if you had a way to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                              X