Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55J6200 compatabilty

Hi

the UN55J6200 seems to have network remote capabilties but i cant make it work.

is there something special i need to do with the J series TV's?

thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Hi

thanks
    Raptor
    This will be interesting to see. I have C, D and E models that all work well with this PlugIn. My father-in-law has a J series (replacing an F that just stopped working) and I was trying to integrate it into his Harmony One remote and I can't even do that cleanly. The OS is so completely different and even the IR doesn't work easily with 3rd party remotes. They moved the ARC port to HDMI 4 from 2 and haven't provided a discrete way to hit HDMI4. You can't reliably use Left/Right/Select options to select it either as the source in the on-screen source selector are displayed in different orders depending on where you start. Grrr. Help from Samsung is non-existent. Even Logitech have failed to get a discrete HDMI 4 code from Sammy. Rant over!

Hoping for you (and Dirk) that the integration with this plugin isn't as broken as simple old IR integration is on these new models
    cheeryfool

Comment

Hi

thanks
      Raptor
      Do you have a service port on the back? Just got a new samsung myself recently, but haven't dived into the controlling aspect just yet. But from what I've seen from my research so far, controlling it through the service port is the more reliable method, particularly when turning it on and off (the network ports usually don't have wake-on-lan capabilities). Though, some people have had success controlling them through the lan port after turning it on through other means.

Comment

not sure on the service port,

this app claims to work with the J series...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...4r6P05Jh-vRTtg

so its theoretically possible.
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

not sure on the service port,

this app claims to work with the J series...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...4r6P05Jh-vRTtg

so its theoretically possible.
          Did you ever get it work? Any better with the latest version I posted for you?
          The TVisted app seems to hint that the J-Series are still controllable via UPNP, but it might just be the discovery process and after that it might be app-to-app (app on TV with app on your phone) direct communication.

Dirk

Comment

Hi, it does not appear to work, the other app requires a passcode similar to the sony upnp in the manual.

attached is the xml
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, it does not appear to work, the other app requires a passcode similar to the sony upnp in the manual.

attached is the xml
              You don't happen to know how to use Wireshark an capture traces, do you?
              If you key in a password, how does that look on the TV itself? Is this an app on the TV or it just pops-up or you need to go into some mode when you pair the app and the TV. Educate me, pictures always highly welcome.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                If you key in a password, how does that look on the TV itself? Is this an app on the TV or it just pops-up or you need to go into some mode when you pair the app and the TV. Educate me, pictures always highly welcome.

Dirk
                I did some wiresharking on my C series years ago. Negotiating the authentication just became too problematic. Hence, went with HS sending IR in most cases and serial via the exlink/service port for the 'On' command
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  I did some wiresharking on my C series years ago. Negotiating the authentication just became too problematic. Hence, went with HS sending IR in most cases and serial via the exlink/service port for the 'On' command
                  There simply is no ON on a Samsung using Ethernet. This has nothing to do with the protocol, the port is powered down and even worse, the Samsung doesn't seem to do Wake-On-Lan either. They do keep the serial, IR and bluetooth circuitry active .... strange but that's what they do.

If the new versions of Samsung's have a new authentication schema for Ethernet control, someone will have to capture it and I haven't seen any posting to that effect (and I don't have a new Samsung ...yet :-))

Dirk

Comment

There simply is no ON on a Samsung using Ethernet. This has nothing to do with the protocol, the port is powered down and even worse, the Samsung doesn't seem to do Wake-On-Lan either. They do keep the serial, IR and bluetooth circuitry active .... strange but that's what they do.

Yes I fully understand that. I was wiresharking to see if I could solve for the IR part long before I came across your plugin. I knew that I was going to have to stick with the serial part for turning it on - or of course IR.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                      Yes I fully understand that. I was wiresharking to see if I could solve for the IR part long before I came across your plugin. I knew that I was going to have to stick with the serial part for turning it on - or of course IR.
                      I believe as of series D, you can also use BlueTooth to turn TV on.

Comment

Dirk
                        No experience with wire shark, sorry!

so when i try to connect to the tv with the app it asks for a code and the tv displays a code as show in the pics
                        Attached Files

Comment

Did you put PIN(s) in ?? Did it work ???

Comment

With the android app yes, with homeseer/hstouch, no
                            Attached Files

Comment

Short of someone out there who knows how to trace this with wireshark, or me buying a TV, there are no postings what so ever of how this authentication works.
                              I even wonder whether this is app-2-app communication and not even relying on UPNP or something similar.
                              Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X