Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity problem - Windows firewall

Hi,

Thought this may come in handy if somebody else is playing...

I have an EDS OW-SERVER-ENET2 configured with one DS18B20 connected and have configured the plugin to connect to the OW-SERVER.

The HS3 server and the OW-SERVER are in different networks (HS3 is 10.100.238.16/25 and the OW-SERVER is 10.100.238.209/25. Appropriate firewall rules were configured on the router to permit the HS3 server to talk to the OW-SERVER.

I was seeing no traffic (even sniffed packets just to be sure) from the HS3 server to the OW-SERVER.

If I browsed to http://10.100.238.209/default.xml from the HS3 server, I can see the page, so connectivity is OK.

I tried moving the OW-SERVER into the same network as the HS3 server, but it still didn't send any packets in that direction.

Eventually, as an absolute last resort, I disabled Windows firewall.... And it all sprung into life. Argh. Lesson learned that HS3 plugins don't change firewall settings themselves!

Nicholas.

Originally posted by NAB View Post
    Hi,

Thought this may come in handy if somebody else is playing...

I have an EDS OW-SERVER-ENET2 configured with one DS18B20 connected and have configured the plugin to connect to the OW-SERVER.

The HS3 server and the OW-SERVER are in different networks (HS3 is 10.100.238.16/25 and the OW-SERVER is 10.100.238.209/25. Appropriate firewall rules were configured on the router to permit the HS3 server to talk to the OW-SERVER.

I was seeing no traffic (even sniffed packets just to be sure) from the HS3 server to the OW-SERVER.

If I browsed to http://10.100.238.209/default.xml from the HS3 server, I can see the page, so connectivity is OK.

I tried moving the OW-SERVER into the same network as the HS3 server, but it still didn't send any packets in that direction.

Eventually, as an absolute last resort, I disabled Windows firewall.... And it all sprung into life. Argh. Lesson learned that HS3 plugins don't change firewall settings themselves!

Nicholas.
    Thank you for letting others known. If you install the plug-in from the HomeSeer system, you'll see a Windows pop-up that asks if you want to authorize my plug-in to listen for incoming packets. This approval is necessary in order to discover any OWServers or HA7Net devices connected to the network. If you install the plug-in from a remote system, you'll never see that prompt. In my experience, it will still work on most systems if you miss the prompt.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
    X