This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Thanks Paul. Sorry we were chasing a rabbit for a while. I'll get with the guys in that other thread to see if we can get a ticket submitted.
    No worries.

Unfortunately, my worst fears are realized: it is a bug HS needs to fix.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I'm more confident in you solving a problem quickly than in HS fixing HSTouch bugs.... [emoji26]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
      No worries.

Unfortunately, my worst fears are realized: it is a bug HS needs to fix.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I'm more confident in you solving a problem quickly than in HS fixing HSTouch bugs.... [emoji26]

Actually, where WAF is concerned, there *is* a workaround (if you want to look at it as glass is half-full).

You could create a separate HSTouch screen for each thermostat and not use the HSTouch screen at all. It would take a little work, but might help. Pete posted some screenshots using the actual image of the thermostat and the control buttons. There's no reason that wouldnt work.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Actually, where WAF is concerned, there *is* a workaround (if you want to look at it as glass is half-full).

You could create a separate HSTouch screen for each thermostat and not use the HSTouch screen at all. It would take a little work, but might help. Pete posted some screenshots using the actual image of the thermostat and the control buttons. There's no reason that wouldnt work.
        Awesome. I'll take a look.

Again.... and I feel like a broken record here... thanks for all you do to keep our HAIs purring along. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
          Awesome. I'll take a look.

Again.... and I feel like a broken record here... thanks for all you do to keep our HAIs purring along. [emoji3]

Comment

@Rob

Here playing with both HS3 Pro and HS3 lite.

I understand that we cannot talk to two OmniPro devices.

Here have been only testing on the Zee-2 HS3 lite box while mostly doing stuff on the HS3 Pro box - both are linux.

Can I enable one HAI plugin on my HS3 Pro (and still use the HS3 Lite for everything else) and just talk to the thermostat?

IE: only enable the HAI pieces for the thermostat and none of the zones?

Updated HS3 Pro HAI plugin from V.15 to V.18 to V.21. I do not see all of the tabs in the configuration. See pics.

Started again and updated V.18 to V.19. Enabled V.19 and it is taking longer to configure itself.

OK now I see all of the tabs. Now taking V.19 to V.21.

Didn't work. All of the extra tabs disappeared.

Will try taking V.19 to V.20 first.

All of the extra tabs are there with V.20.

Will now try to update to V.21 from V.20. Didn't work. Noticed the file size in V.21 is smaller than the one in V.20.

Downloaded V.21 again just in case.

The unzipped file is some 370k versus almost 500k for the V.21 file. Just copied the one over from HS3 lite to HS3 Pro.

Dunno what happened. The new HS3 lite is really the old HS3 lite but now running on the AMD dual core instead of the RPi2 ARM CPU. I did only copy the HomeSeer directory over from the RPi2 to the Xi5A for running it and it is running fine. The HS3 Pro machine is just Linux running on an iSeries Intel CPU.

Now I see all of the tabs. Doesn't make sense to me. Good now at V.21 on the HS3 Pro Linux box.

This is all related to the thermostat / HSTouch use on the HS3 Pro box.

So next here just enabled thermostat stuff in HAI tabs. Then just thermostat in device type. Then thermostat in room and just HAI in floor.

I know the zones are there but just want to use the thermostat stuff for the time bean.

Also enabled AUX HAI temperature and Humidity sensors and RPi2 attic 1-wire sensors for the HSTouch stuff.

Working. Thank you Rob.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; July 30, 2016, 09:02 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Redid a new thermostat page copying the one page to one of eighteen pages.

Works fine so far.

Noticed the thermostat control group is called Z-Wave Thermostat by default so changed it here to DeviceType=HAI Thermostats.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Having issues here with V.21 and HSTouch.

I redid the thermostat page such that it looks a bit more like the RC2000.

I can configure the aux temperatures status and see them in the designer but do not see them in the touch screen.

Trying to make the hold button a toggle button such that it either goes to hold or not holding.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; July 30, 2016, 01:25 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Downgrading back to V.20. Aux temps did work fine in V.20 in HSTouch.

I guess too there is no toggle button so will just use both a hold and not hold button.

Instead of downgrading to V.20 just deleted every variable created by the plug-in as I noticed I had two types of zones and I think it messed with the thermostat aux stuff.

This got rid of the double zones. I did see double aux temps stuff when doing the touchscreens above.

Then I moved the aux temperature / humidity sensors from zones to thermostat.

It is working now. Redid the HSTouch Omnistat screen a bit.

- Hold on / off work fine on the touchscreen - when I change to hold on via GUI the touchscreen goes to unknown - When I change touchscreen to hold on gui changes hold to off
                  Tested this externally with PCA and it does the same.
                  - Current Fan status never changes
                  - Current mode setting and button works fine.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pete; July 30, 2016, 04:47 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Day #2 V.21 here Rob. Doing OK. Just watching and not touching right now.
                    Attached Files
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wow Pete! Those look great!

Comment

Historically never play with the thermostat and prefer just to check its functions remotely if anything. The thermostat / automation has always been a WAF issue.

Just yesterday the conversation did go to recalling 1960's when wife and I were kids and being told by the parents never to touch the thermostat.

Basically only thing done here by wife is setting the thermostat and putting a hold on temperature. This does allow me to see how well it is working.

The attic here is insulated from the second floor yet does affect the temperatures on the second floor if that makes any sense?

Over the years here (and not this year) I change the return flows depending on whether using heat or cooling to try to even it out a bit.

Probably should go proactive and get an attic fan (had one in the old house).
                        Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just an FYI relating to anyone that is interested in purchasing a couple of OmniStat2's.

Over on CT there is a person selling two Omnistat2's and one aux sensor as a set for $150.

This is a good deal for the set. The base functions are identical to the older Omnistat's.

2 HAI Omnistat 2's for Sale

Here been leaving one of ~16-20 HSTouch screens on the thermostat page. Looking good and updating fine.

Doing a touch of a rezone today of the returns to see if I can even out the interior temperatures today. (IE have multiple returns and supplies here in each room) such that I will shift the balance of returns to the second floor from the first floor.) - temps are going to the 90's today again.

Also adding another combo sensor to display. IE: such that I am doing outside, attic, second floor, first floor and basement.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; August 3, 2016, 06:44 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Trying to make the thermostat page clutter free but I want to add more to it temperature wise.

That said inserted weather station outdoor temp / condition on top.

Bottom is outdoor HAI temperature sensor. Major differences are that the HAI temp sensor is under an eave but mounted on brick.

With the change in the zoning of the returns I have been able to match the temps on the second floor to the first floor.

IE: big 72 is the thermostat temp on the main floor. Little 72 is an hai AUX combo sensor in the master bedroom.

92 is the HAI aux combo sensor under an eave on the brick. 84.7 is the weather station temperature sensor with the outdoor condition image next to it.

I was going to drop the attic temp in an image and put that on the right hand side but not sure if it looks good. Any suggestions? I am really bad at this stuff.
                            Attached Files
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I use a UPB I/O module that your plugin does not support for a lot of activities. I've used HAI flags triggered by the I/O module to get the functionality I need for HS3. The flags values are 0 or 1 for off/on and track perfect in HS3. I also use the I/O modules to track the open/close state of the front gate and to open/close the gate. The open/close is one button so I want an event to "open gate" and "close gate" that uses the flags to provide a true open or close functionality.

If the "open gate" event is triggered it will only issue the gate operation button if the gate is closed. Otherwise it would close the already open gate. I have spent hours testing this and no matter what the state of the HAI flag the event triggers.

Has anyone used HAI flags in HAI events?

Attaching what he event and the flag. The logic works fine if I use a real UPB device, but the flags seem to have issue.

I ultimately want IFTTT to open and close the gate automatically when I approach/leave the house.

Any advise is appreciated.

Guy
                              Attached Files

Comment

That's strange - The flag looks like it is indeed set, so I dont think it is the condition. It's possible that the button 'press' might not be happening?

Can you check the logs and see if the event is indeed being fired and if the log entry for the button press is in there?

Send me the logs and let me know...

Comment

Working...
                                X