Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Amazon person hinted there was a solution like this by warning me I could lose prime music access which doesn't bother me as I have a Spotify account as mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      I have emailed them (more than once) as to what is needed to facilitate this but have not got a reply yet.
      Sorry if you have already read all this stuff, just trying to help move things forward.

Have you seen this? https://developer.amazon.com/public/...iple-languages

Seems to suggest you can make these changes yourself and it will be available immediately without having to go through certification again.
      Last edited by Croccy22; October 6, 2016, 08:31 AM. Reason: More Info added.

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
        Hi Matt, I just rechecked and signed out and signed back in with my UK Amazon credentials. So I am pretty sure its ties to the UK Amazon account.
        If you've got a couple of minutes can you just do a simple step by step. I'm not at home at the moment so would be really keen on giving this a go as soon as I get home . The main bit I need clarification on is where the amazon.com account comes into it, what order did you do things in etc.

If it works I will update on here so other people can follow suit until something official is done.

Thanks, Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
          If you've got a couple of minutes can you just do a simple step by step. I'm not at home at the moment so would be really keen on giving this a go as soon as I get home . The main bit I need clarification on is where the amazon.com account comes into it, what order did you do things in etc.

If it works I will update on here so other people can follow suit until something official is done.

Thanks, Matt.

Not sure I can do a step by step Matt, as its all setup now and I really was just trying to get a US Echo working in the UK back in July.

My story goes something like:

- Setup a US Amazon account using a VPN.
          - Login to the Amazon Alexa site temporarily relocating yourself to the USA via VPN.
          - Install the HS3 Skill.
          - Once its setup and enabled login with your UK Amazon credentials and hopefully it all works. I found that my Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk ended up becoming the same but you must login to the UK account.

FYI Before the UK launch I was still able to link up to my UK Spotify account.
          I could not however relocate to any UK City or access GMT before Echo was launched in the UK.
          Now time, date, location, commute and HS3 all seem to work fine with my UK Prime Credentials.

I cannot verify whether Prime Music works because I don't subscribe, however the icon shows up as shown above.

My Audibile books definitely DO NOT show up though. When I click on Audible it takes me to the UK site and identifies that I have a UK Audible account but my library does not show up.

I assume this is something to do with the problems others have had, but I have more than enough working with my unsuspecting workaround which is better than having nothing for the time being.

Hopefully this helps...

Comment

I used a VPN to sign into the .COM site but it must recognise the .co.uk in my email address.

I then tried adding my gmail account into an Amazon household and tried that via the VPN but no joy as it must used the tied UK account to determine location.

I think reggs11 just got a bit "lucky" in how he/she did things and from where - first setting up the account from the US before the UK launch and therefore before redirection was setup was probably the key.

Comment

Originally posted by NJS1964 View Post
              I used a VPN to sign into the .COM site but it must recognise the .co.uk in my email address.

I then tried adding my gmail account into an Amazon household and tried that via the VPN but no joy as it must used the tied UK account to determine location.

I think reggs11 just got a bit "lucky" in how he/she did things and from where - first setting up the account from the US before the UK launch and therefore before redirection was setup was probably the key.
              You may indeed be correct, however the logins for my two Amazon accounts are the same .co.uk email address with the same passwords.
              I don't need to use VPN to login to the US site unless I was to order something.

- (reggs11) aka John

Comment

You may indeed be correct, however the logins for my two Amazon accounts are the same .co.uk email address with the same passwords.
                I don't need to use VPN to login to the US site unless I was to order something.

- (reggs11) aka John
                Hi John

Just tried setting up a .com account via VPN with my uk email - it let me do it but once again, once I sign into Alexa.amazon.com it redirects to .co.uk

Timing was everything by the looks of things

Neil

Comment

Hi John

Just tried setting up a .com account via VPN with my uk email - it let me do it but once again, once I sign into Alexa.amazon.com it redirects to .co.uk

Timing was everything by the looks of things

Neil
                  Darn it. Can't think of much else to suggest peeps.

Comment

Darn it. Can't think of much else to suggest peeps.
                    When I login to Amazon Alexa with my UK credentials it goes here:

http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.ht...f-suffix=sb_gw

I see two Homeseer Skills that I can download.
                    I believe one is a dev app. The other is the one I use and its enabled, no VPN.

Comment

When I login to Amazon Alexa with my UK credentials it goes here:

http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.ht...f-suffix=sb_gw

I see two Homeseer Skills that I can download.
                      I believe one is a dev app. The other is the one I use and its enabled, no VPN.
                      Redirects on login (VPN or not) - looks like your account is "screwed up" in an advantageous way.

Comment

Redirects on login (VPN or not) - looks like your account is "screwed up" in an advantageous way.
                        I think you may be correct. I just learned that Prime Music does not add any additional cost to my Prime Account so enabled the service.
                        Unfortunately, I am unable to access my account via my Echo. Spotify works fine, but Audible and Prime Music do not.

I guess I can live with that until HS sort out this issue as I am sure that I will still be able to re-enable the HS3 Skill once UK is enabled. It will hopefully be a lot less hassle to do that than to setup all of my virtual devices and Echo events Anyway after this many years its still pretty cool being able to control HS3 via voice (some of the time) which has never worked for me in the past.
                        - John
                        Attached Files

Comment

I tried getting this working last night but had no luck.

I also created an Amazon developer account to see what the setup is like and it really does look like all they need to do is change the publishing from US only to All countries where amazon has a presence, and then add a new language to the skill (Options are UK and Germany currently as US is already enabled).

Really think this is something Homeseer should be able to sort on their own in about 30 minutes tops. Maybe I'm missing something but the control panel looks extremely simple and it is very well documented on how to add additional languages and make the skill available to other countries.

Comment

Details From Amazon

Deploying the skill doesn't look hard as others have mentioned.

Add English (UK) to the skill and publish it via the developers portal.

The skill will then be available to anyone worldwide who has their device set to English (UK) or English (US)

Come on Homseer, you are starting to look very incompetent here, get this done today as it looks like people are losing faith in your ability!!!

To miss the ball on this before UK release and to now be saying you need Amazons help does not give us much faith in your ability, other companies such as Honeywell had their skill ported over and ready to run on release day and I have my Evohome heating working perfectly via the Echo now...

There is a mass of information on the developer website, can you not find the answers you are looking for there, or alternatively, I'm sure Amazon provide telephone support, paid or free, pick up the phone and get the answers you need rather than sitting and waiting for a response to an email.

Being in the UK and a user of homeseer, it does sometimes feel like you Homeseer guys don't seem to care much about any one outside of the US, the worlds a big place and doesn't just revolve around the US, get this sorted and stop making excuses.

I do find that the experience of getting anything done with Homeseer, be it the core app or plug-ins is sooooo slow, I have been waiting over a year for the developer of the IPThermostat Plug-in to pull his finger out and update it to make it usable with Honeywell, he just doesn't even bother replying any more!! Not sure whyI paid him for thePlug-in as not getting any service to go with it!!

https://developer.amazon.com/public/...art-home-skill

https://developer.amazon.com/public/...ambda-function

Comment

So I've just created my own sample Alexa Skill based on the tutorials just to see how to add new languages etc.

Step 1 - Edit your Skill, Along the top it will list the current language as English (U.S.). Click the tab that says Add New Language and choose English (U.K.)

Step 2 - Fill out the Name and Invocation Name fields with the same thing you have in the English (U.S.) section. Save changes

Step 3 - Click on the Interaction Model tab, Copy your Intent Schema, Custom slot types and sample utterances from your English (U.S.) Profile. Save changes

Step 4 - Check the Configuration tab, but this seems to be automatically filled out for me, but you may need to copy settings for the account linking (I can't test that bit).

Step 5 - Go to publishing information. From the Countries and Region menu choose "In all countries and regions where amazon has presence". Save changes.

Thats it! Since your app is already certified I don't think you need to resubmit it for certification. This will make your skill available anywhere in the world as long as the user has their echo language set to either English US or English UK.

Now please can someone from Homeseer get on this? or send me your amazon account details and I'll do it myself :P lol.

Comment

Now please can someone from Homeseer get on this? or send me your amazon account details and I'll do it myself :P lol.
                                Today 04:40 AM
                                Adding a new language is not the main issue.

For those that want a skill in the UK right now, there is a thread on how to build your own skill and link it to our server that processes Echo requests.

The process should be no different for UK users as for users in the US.

P.S. When adding a new language to a skill, you can't use the same skill name or invocation. lol.
                                Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
                                X