No announcement yet.

Programming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for speaking to the manufacturer. Is there a later firmware that supports configurations as the product literature indicates?

My associations for the dual channel relay controlling light 1 are set as shown in the picture below.

Enerwave technical support told me to add Group 3 endpoint 2. Before that it only had groups 1 and 2, but was otherwise identical to what you see now.

Before adding group 3 I could turn one light on or off via the app and the other light would respond as I had programmed the Zee2, but when a light was triggered on by motion it did not report to the Zee2 and the other light would not respond.

After I added group 3, when light 1 was triggered on by motion, light 2 also went on like I wanted and the controller usually saw that both lights were on. However, when light 1 goes off because no motion is detected, light 2 does not go off and the controller still thinks both lights are on.

In addition, while light 1 will go off after a minute when no motion is detected, light 2 will stay on indefinitely unless I use the app to turn it off manually, so something is keeping it from going off.

Finally, after light 1 is triggered on by motion, I cannot turn it off with the app. It flashes and goes right back on.
    Attached Files

Comment

JCCccc, missed your ask about the settings. For some reason i can't upload pictures from my iPhone. Will try later when I return home.

Comment

These pictures should contain all the info you requested. Let me know if there is anything else you need.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Yours includes "configuration" under command class and mine doesn't.

Also, you only have 2 groups but two things under each group. Not sure I understand that.

Comment

Ugh, my single channel device is also apparently missing the "Configuration" command class.

Has anyone tried connecting the switch to a different z-wave controller and see if the configuration command class appears? Could we configure it and then change it back to HomeSeer?

Comment

I was able to borrow a usb stick controller and installed the trial version of Axial Server. It switches fine, but I was unable to pull/set params there too.

I have a support case opened with Everwave to test this function -- the tech said he was also unable to update the config -- he is asking the manufacturer for details.

Comment

Les us know what you find out.

Enerwave had Topgreener send me a new dual relay but I have not tried it yet to see if it works differently.

Comment

While waiting for a response, I picked up a DSC18103-ZWUS. I think the Enerwave is built a little better and isn't quite a big, but the DSC works as expected and will still easily fit in an electrical box.

It supports remote configuration, and includes the status notify parameter which works well. Also allows low voltage or high voltage switching. This switch also supports toggle on/off, as well as momentary-on switch modes. Even has an energy usage meter built in to measure Watts and KWHr.

For a few more bucks, seems like a good deal as long as it works correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X