Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsXAP

Hi Michael,

I have taken the plunge in terms of trialing / participating in the beta for HS3, however i need to be able to get information from my HS2 specific plugins into HS3 itself. I don't mind it being a push system since for the most part it would be one way, but I am having trouble installing the mcsxap plugin in HS3.

I am running .net 4.0 and the HS3Pro package as well, and downloaded the following: http://mcssprinklers.com/mcsXap.zip

I unzipped this file and put it inside the Homeseer HS3 root directory, and restarted HS3 however I am not seeing this plugin appear in the Plugin section of HS3.

Are there any special install methods that need to be followed to install this in HS3 that I am not aware of?, Do i need to register the DLL or anything like that?

Id appreciate your input in how to get this up and running in HS3.

Kind Regards,

Trav.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Have you seen this thread?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Michael,

I had seem bits of the thread, but not the bit that said more was needed to work on a HS3 plugin. I had seen the part about it working on HS3 as of the Dec version itself.

I would be keen to give the version a go if and or when a HS3 version becomes available. My specific application is as others have also suggested, moreso around having device information from HS2 available in the HS3 system. That way i can start to test other applications (e.g. BLRADAR) which have a reliance on device values being populated / modified before action can be taken (e.g. need ACRF plugin). I also have a number of scripts which work on device strings and the likes which I will need to convert to a different language, so for the time being it would be great to be able to feed these from HS2 to the HS3 system.

My system updating would really only be HS2 --> HS3 rather than multi-directional, so the comments some people had made about racing conditions are not really applicable.
      Last edited by travisdh; June 6, 2013, 09:17 AM. Reason: edited: Lack of sleep due to new baby caused me to misread which Michael replied :)
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

I got back to it last week and it takes awhile to spool up to the HS3 environment. I am also changing how it maps messages into devices to make it a little more general. The lack of DeviceStatus made for some design difficulty because now it is not clear what information is useful between State and Text/Level keys in the xAP message. The into HS3 aspects are working fine. I am now evaluating the out of HS3 part.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I look forward to seeing how it all works when the version comes out. I am happy to help with testing if you need, and I am sure i can have device info from HS3 going to HS2 (for example BLLAN) if you need it for testing.

My setup is all under an esxi umbrella, with the same virtual machine copied, cleaned of HS2 and associated plugins then with HS3 installed (all under Windows 7 - 32bit).

Comment

I have noticed in my log lately the following errors, is there any way I can resolve these so it does not flood the logs.

Thanks!

Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Mar-17 12:32:56 mcsXap HSEvent Line 0 Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Comment

Working...
            X