This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I uninstalled the plug-in and started fresh.

I didn't get the errors but it is still not working.

It now shows no stations.

Prior to doing the re-install Valid Key was "False" and "Success" was zero and "Failure" was several hundred and there were a lot of errors including one that indicated "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel." See prior post for more.

After the install Valid Key is showing "False" with "Success" at zero and "Failure" at zero. But there are no errors in the log indicating a failure to connect like before.

I went to the web site and confirmed that I copied the entire consumer and secret key. What I copied into the fields are the correct keys.

I verified that I have .net Framework 3.5. I also have 4 and 4 Extended.

I am running HS2PRO

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        A few notes / questions
        • I appears that the "Rain Rate" and "Rain Month" are the same value
        • Are the APIs supported to fetch station current condition and forecast information?

I am using the APIs in one of my script:

- Station("current-condition")("Value") returns 4 (i.e. the value) instead of "Partly Sunny"

- How would I build the URL to the icon? I used to use the code below

PHP Code:
        Dim strCondition As String Station("current-condition")("Misc")
        Dim strImageSize As String "65x55"
        Dim strImageType As String "trans"
        Dim strConditionIcon As String String.Format("http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/forecast/icons/localized/{0}/en/{1}/cond{2}.png"strImageSizestrImageTypestrCondition
        - similar to get the forecast, the following fails (the second line throws an "Object variable or With block variable not set." exception)

PHP Code:
        Dim strDayName As String DayOfWeek("ShortName")
        Dim strShortPerdiction As String Forecast(strDayName)("short-prediction"
        Update: I dumped the content of all hastables and both the Forecast and DaysOfWeek contain content but but the key for the Forecast hastable is 1, 2, 3, etc while the DaysOfWeek does not contain a value that can be used as a key to find the forecast as it used:

PHP Code:
        DaysOfWeek #0 key = ShortName , Value = SUN
        DaysOfWeek #0 key = LongName , Value = Today
        DaysOfWeek #0 key = ForecastName , Value = 0 Day
        DaysOfWeek #1 key = ShortName , Value = MON
        DaysOfWeek #1 key = LongName , Value = Tomorrow
        DaysOfWeek #1 key = ForecastName , Value = 1 Day 
        Ultrajones, did you have a chance to look at this (from post #5)? Thanks

Comment

While the UltraWeatherBug plug-in may look similar to the old one, everything is a lot different under the hood. Can you get the values you need from the HomeSeer device instead of the hashtables?
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
            I uninstalled the plug-in and started fresh.

I didn't get the errors but it is still not working.

It now shows no stations.

Prior to doing the re-install Valid Key was "False" and "Success" was zero and "Failure" was several hundred and there were a lot of errors including one that indicated "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel." See prior post for more.

After the install Valid Key is showing "False" with "Success" at zero and "Failure" at zero. But there are no errors in the log indicating a failure to connect like before.

I went to the web site and confirmed that I copied the entire consumer and secret key. What I copied into the fields are the correct keys.

I verified that I have .net Framework 3.5. I also have 4 and 4 Extended.

I am running HS2PRO
            This appears to be a SSL/TLS issue between your HomeSeer system and the WeatherBug system. Have you updated your root certificates recently?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              While the UltraWeatherBug plug-in may look similar to the old one, everything is a lot different under the hood. Can you get the values you need from the HomeSeer device instead of the hashtables?
              Let me look into it.

Comment

For Alerts there is a device for the Alert type and title. Can the summary be added to a device as well (Edit: actually for all $ options available in when composing the Alert Wheater Template each in a separate device)?

If more there is more than outstanding Alert, can they/could they be added to separate devices (type/title/summary for each)? Maybe the based on maximum configured in the options.

Comment

Well if updating Root Certificates takes some action on my part to make it happen then the answer is NO. In fact, it's NEVER.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about or how to go about it.

I am using a PRO100 embedded XP system.

I take it back, I do know a little about what you are talking about - but not a lot. I did a little googling and found that updates are available for download from MS. I'm not sure how this works with an embedded XP system. What happens down the road since xp has been dropped by MS? Is my $2500 PRO100 going to unusable at some point in the future?
                  Last edited by noopara; May 9, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

It Works!!

I downloaded the certificate update from MS and ran it.

It's working great now. Thanks for the help.

I hope that there is a way to update the certificates in the future to keep my PRO100 working.

Comment

Comment

The Secret key is configured as a password field. When you click save, the secret is stored in the configuration file. It is not displayed in an effort to keep it a secret :-)

Once you enter your Pulse API key information, are you able to select a WeatherBug station?

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          I started to switch to using devices instead of the APIs (with goal to only use devices. Below is the gap; could devices be supported for the following (in HS2 and HS3 version)?

Missing devices - Current
                          - detailed description

Missing devices - Forecast
                          - day name (for day 2 & 3 especially)
                          - detailed description
                          - humidity

Missing devices - Alerts
                          - post date ($posted-date)
                          - expiry date ($expires-date)
                          - message summmary ($msg-summary)
                          - more than one alert in devices (up to 5 devices per alert: type, title, summary, posted date, expiry date)

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,

I deleted the old station and have set the same as the new one.
                            Now it seems to work.
                            But every 15 minutes I get the error message :

10.05.2014 23:09:11 UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the SetDeviceValue() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.SetDeviceValue(String strStationNumber, String strKeyName, String strKeyValue)]

Where is the issue ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                              Hi Ultrajones,

I deleted the old station and have set the same as the new one.
                              Now it seems to work.
                              But every 15 minutes I get the error message :

10.05.2014 23:09:11 UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the SetDeviceValue() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.SetDeviceValue(String strStationNumber, String strKeyName, String strKeyValue)]

Where is the issue ?

Regards, Fischi
                              It appears your selected station contains null values. Can you send a screenshot of the station to ultrajones@hotmail.com so I can duplicate this issue?

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Kaje View Post
                                Installed it and...ahhh...good to have my weather devices running again!

Only issue I have is in the log I'm seeing
                                5/6/2014 11:56:53 AM ~!~UltraWeatherBug Info~!~https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...oken=zzzzzzzzz
                                5/6/2014 11:56:54 AM ~!~UltraWeatherBug Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the SetDeviceValue() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.SetDeviceValue(String strStationNumber, String strKeyName, String strKeyValue)]

I have two stations identified and see the error twice. No error on the 'Alerts' and 'Forecasts'.

Best I can tell all of the data is populating fine.

Ken J.
                                HSPRO 2.5.0.80, ADIOcelot 1.14.0.11, HSTouch Server 1.0.0.72, iAutomate RFID 1.1.0.0, NetCAM 1.1.0.1, TED 1.2.0.3, UltraMon 1.1.4834.30105, UltraWeatherBug 2.5.0.0
                                106 Z-Wave nodes, 3 Z-Trollers, Ocelot (4 SECU16, 1 Relay8, 6 Bobcat T), 9 iAutomate tags, Schlage Locks
                                I just uploaded UltraWeatherBug HSPI version 2.5.5244.16096 that fixes this issue. Please let me know if you see this error again after installing the new version.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X