This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not see anything obvious.
    Have you tried running the initialize for the sign on the LED signs page.
    I would think a hard reset should have cleared it
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It strikes me as strange that the first link to make the cable did not work for you.
      I have done 2 now and they work fine
      I even made my own rj12 cable. When you put the rj12 cable end to end the colors should match like in the picture
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

Yes, initialize does reinitialize, but all I get after is still just the A. The B and C never show. Also, if I queue a high priority message on a label other than A, the screen just goes blank for the time that the high priority message is supposed to be displayed, rather than displaying it. If I queue the message to label A, it displays fine.

Thanks
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

High priority is not working. I need to fix that.
          It still bothers me that you had to make the different cable. The first one should have worked. I made 2 and they are both working fine. Only 3 pins connected
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            It strikes me as strange that the first link to make the cable did not work for you.
            I have done 2 now and they work fine
            I even made my own rj12 cable. When you put the rj12 cable end to end the colors should match like in the picture
            Hi Bob,

Any command sent to label A displays immediately and any other commands such as reset, Initialize, etc. have an immediate effect, so I don't think there's a communication issue.

However, if I send a command to label B or C from an event, the display never goes blank like it does when sending other commands, so it's like the plugin is not trying to send anything. If I set the text in label B or C from the Text Labels screen, it does blank quickly, but then goes back to displaying just what's in A.

Thanks
            Al

Comment

High priority is not working. I need to fix that.
              It's working for me on label A and was working for me yesterday on the other labels.

It still bothers me that you had to make the different cable. The first one should have worked. I made 2 and they are both working fine. Only 3 pins connected
              I only have 3 pins connected, just a different color wire for GND. The wires for RX and TX are exactly the same.

Thanks
              Al

Comment

Quick question, is there anything in the key number that's associated with a specific sign? What's the significance of it? First part looks to be the date, what's the second part for?

Thanks
                Al

Comment

I will have to test it when I get home tonight. I have not seen what you are seeing. It is like the plugin is sending a blank string to the labels which it might be if it is blank. I will check tonight.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Strangely enough, I did get one sign working properly again for a few minutes this morning after initializing with just "B" as the sequence and then adding text to A and C after. However, I tried the other sign right after and could not get it working using similar steps. I then went back to the working sign and messed it up again to where it just displays the A text....

Cheers
                    Al
                    Last edited by sparkman; June 12, 2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I started playing with the plug in today as I received my signs !!!!!

A few things I noticed was that I can only send messages to label A and none of the others also in a script sending to all signs works great, but when you do this directly from in an event it doesn't work

Cheers Ken
                      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I posted 1.0.18 to the HS3 updater

- ability to create and maintain your own DOT picture files
                        - added support for instances
                        - plugin should be able to be run remotely

PLEASE NOTE
                        There is a problem with the DOT maintain page if you are running with an instance. It does not work properly. I am working on this.
                        If you are not using an instance then it should work fine
                        Last edited by Blade; June 12, 2014, 09:41 AM.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                          but when you do this directly from in an event it doesn't work
                          Can you capture a debug log of this happening for an event action and send it to me zipped
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

- plugin should be able to be run remotely
                            How does one run BLLED remotely??

Rob

Comment

See here

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=168164
                              Last edited by Blade; June 22, 2014, 12:45 PM.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

How remote can you go?

HSPI_BLLED.exe server=[ip address of your main HS3 machine]
                                I will try this tonight! Haven't had remote Betabrite capability for years!

Question: Is it possible to have a remote location outside of the network that HS3 is on? Is there a particular port that the remote BLLED uses that I could forward to the HS3 server?

I can get all the status updates I want with text messages, but it would be kinda cool to have a Betabrite in my work office (or anywhere!) that would scroll though HA information.

I know. Give an inch, ask for a mile. ....but it would be COOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X