Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add Linear GD00Z-4 - Security Scheme issue - working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add Linear GD00Z-4 - Security Scheme issue - working!

I have my Z-net working and tried to add a new garage door sensor but the device seems to be unable to get the security scheme. I'm holding it right next to the Z-Net. my Z-net is 1.0.9 and plugin is 3.0.0.209. Any help on this?

Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 40, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 12336=3030H
    Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 40
    Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 40. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
    Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
    Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
    Getting SECURITY class information for node 40
    Node: 40 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
    Node: 40 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, ALARM_V2, ASSOCIATION
    All associations for node 40 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.

Unable to add Linear GD00Z-4 - Security Scheme issue

Please disregard this post. I removed the device and added it again, this time less than an inch away from the Z-net. Previously I was doing it 2 feet away. Apparently that makes a difference. Thanks

Comment

I had same issue. you need to be inches

Comment

Yeah, I'm to the point now where I'm going to have the plastic on the device and my z-net touching when I first add the device. I've wasted too much time trying otherwise.

Comment

Linear opener

Well, I was FINALLY able to create an association and exchange a security key using the Z-net adapter. However when I go to control it I get it to beep, then it goes to unknown, then I get these messages in the log.

Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:12:46 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:12:46 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:12:45 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed)

Comment

linear continued

also if I move the tilt sensor I do sometimes get responses
            Warning Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:19:45 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:19:45 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 14 Z-Wave Barrier Operator Set to Closed Mar-14 8:19:35 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 14 Z-Wave Barrier Operator Set to Open Mar-14 8:19:32 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:19:32 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:19:32 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:19:32 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed)

Comment

linear contd.

rescanning yields the following
              Mar-14 8:24:15 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:24:15 AM Z-Wave All associations for node 14 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1. Mar-14 8:24:15 AM Z-Wave Node 14 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1 Mar-14 8:24:14 AM Z-Wave Warning zwave1 : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:24:14 AM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 14 Mar-14 8:24:14 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-NET1SusanandFranks : Secure message received from node 14 but part of the security is invalid or expired - cannot decrypt the data. (Not Processed) Mar-14 8:24:13 AM Z-Wave Warning Error getting version information for node 14, Send failed. Mar-14 8:24:01 AM Vista Alarm 0559164,24 Mar-14 8:23:43 AM Z-Wave Node: 14 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, ALARM_V2, ASSOCIATION Mar-14 8:23:43 AM Z-Wave Node: 14 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY

Comment

Linear contd.

When I completely remove the node, and re-add it this is the message I receive.
                Operational messages will appear here...
                Add Node started...
                Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node...
                A new node has been found and is being added...
                Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
                Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
                Node 17 Added.
                DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
                Done. Node 17 Added.
                Node 17 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
                Security device (Node 17) is verified as operating securely in this network.
                Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
                Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 17, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 12336=3030H
                Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 17
                Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 17, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
                Getting SECURITY class information for node 17
                Node: 17 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
                Node: 17 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, ALARM_V2, ASSOCIATION
                All associations for node 17 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
                Warning: Could not get the BARRIER OPERATOR command class version for node 17 .
                Root Node Device Node 17 Z-Wave Linear Entry Control Node 17 was created for node 17 on network 003D3AAC
                Z-NET1SusanandFranks: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 17 Z-Wave Linear Entry Control Node 17 (Node 17, Group 1) to HomeSeer
                3 out of 3 Child devices of node 17 were created successfully.
                Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
                Finished.

Comment

more detail

This is with the new znet controller, and with the .211 zwave library release..

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                  When I completely remove the node, and re-add it this is the message I receive.
                  Operational messages will appear here...
                  Add Node started...
                  Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
                  Node 17 Added.
                  Done. Node 17 Added.
                  Node 17 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
                  Security device (Node 17) is verified as operating securely in this network.
                  Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 17, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 12336=3030H
                  Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 17
                  Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 17, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
                  Getting SECURITY class information for node 17
                  Node: 17 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SECURITY, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
                  Node: 17 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, BARRIER_OPERATOR, APPLICATION_STATUS, ALARM_V2, ASSOCIATION
                  All associations for node 17 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
                  Warning: Could not get the BARRIER OPERATOR command class version for node 17 .
                  Root Node Device Node 17 Z-Wave Linear Entry Control Node 17 was created for node 17 on network 003D3AAC
                  Z-NET1SusanandFranks: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 17 Z-Wave Linear Entry Control Node 17 (Node 17, Group 1) to HomeSeer
                  3 out of 3 Child devices of node 17 were created successfully.
                  Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
                  Finished.

Comment

How close is the unit to your controller when you are attempting to add it or rescan it? If it's not within a few inches try that as this unit is very tricky to get added.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

how close?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      How close is the unit to your controller when you are attempting to add it or rescan it? If it's not within a few inches try that as this unit is very tricky to get added.
                      Inches. I have read everyone elses trials and tribulations, and have been trying for about two months to add this. It would not negotiate a security key AT ALL with the Hometroller (even called tech support) with the Z-net controller, you see the messages above.

Comment

Hi fdarden,

There is a .212 Z-Wave now available although it will probably not help with your device. Does the garage door opener work at all? It appears that most of the configuration worked and it should have created the child devices. I have had similar problems with an older (gen 1) energy monitor that a friend purchased. I was able to get most of the child devices working but had to poll some of them. He has a Z-Stick but that should not matter.

Bob

Comment

thanks.

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
                          Hi fdarden,

There is a .212 Z-Wave now available although it will probably not help with your device. Does the garage door opener work at all? It appears that most of the configuration worked and it should have created the child devices. I have had similar problems with an older (gen 1) energy monitor that a friend purchased. I was able to get most of the child devices working but had to poll some of them. He has a Z-Stick but that should not matter.

Bob
                          Bob,

Thanks for pointing out the update. I will give scanning them a shot. The opener sort of works. it flashes and beeps and then goes to unknown. The tilt sensor seems to trigger open/closed events, so I feel we are close. I will post a few details after I do a little more testing, but I think it is safe to say the developers need to work on barrier some more.

Comment

.13 out now

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                            Bob,

Thanks for pointing out the update. I will give scanning them a shot. The opener sort of works. it flashes and beeps and then goes to unknown. The tilt sensor seems to trigger open/closed events, so I feel we are close. I will post a few details after I do a little more testing, but I think it is safe to say the developers need to work on barrier some more.
                            There was a .13 update in the updates. So far I haven't seen the error! (Fingers crossed only tested it twice!)

Comment

Can't get away with security error

I have tried atleast 20 times, with all 3 devices almost touching each other (Sensor, GD-000Z-4, HomeTroller Zee S2) and I can not get pass the security error.

Zwave Plugin: 3.0.1.29
                              HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208

Code:
                              Add Node started...
                              Done. Node 31 Added. 
                              Reloading (importing) node information...
                              Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 31, ID: 335=14FH (Linear), Type: 18244=4744H, ID: 13616=3530H
                              Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 31
                              Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 31. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
                              Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
                              Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
                              Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
                              Getting SECURITY class information for node 31
                              Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 31
                              Finished.

Comment

Working...
                              X