Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old backups & logs not being purged

Hi,
    I've been using BLBackup for some time, thanks for a great plugin. Currently running 2.0.29.0. I just noticed that since 8/2/16, no old backups or logs have been purged. See logs from 8/1 and 8/2. Up till 8/1, a zip and a log were purged each day; none since then.

Its seems likely that the plugin was updated on that date, as the mod date of the html/BLHelp and html/BLHelp/images folders are 8/2/16, 12:29AM.

Any insight on what might be going on?
    Attached Files

I think Bob introduced this "bug" with one of the recent updates. I am seeing the same thing. I've posted on his site but have not heard back, Waiting.......

BobSpen

Comment

Just took a look and am also seeing this...
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

BLADE,
        Is there an identified new problem with "old" backups not being deleted. I posted on your website, a while ago, but no response.
        Thanks,
        BobSpen

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
          BLADE,
          Is there an identified new problem with "old" backups not being deleted. I posted on your website, a while ago, but no response.
          Thanks,
          BobSpen
          I saw your post - just been really busy getting the list of work done that needs to be done for the house that we just moved into a week and a half ago
          This issue has to do with a "directory is not empty" issue when trying to recursively delete a folder.
          I will have a look and see what is happening
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem with version 2.0.29.0. It was working fine until I updated from an older version.

Any luck finding the cause?

Comment

Bob,

Is there any timeline we can expect this to get corrected? Managing my deletes has become a P.I.T.A.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I will try and check into this one this weekend
                I assume you are using the folder backup - I have not seen the issue because I am using the zip backup.
                Can u log a ticket on my site and capture me a debug log of a small backup and attach the debug log zipped to the ticket
                This way I can try and duplicate the same thing over the weekend
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

No, I am using the "One Zip file" option.

I notice that I have "Debug Logging" checked in the options - but there's only this in the main log;

Code:
                  Oct-07 3:18:04 AM      BLBackup Info    The backup process (One Zip File - Full) has completed at 10/7/2016 3:18:04 AM 
                  Oct-07 3:00:00 AM      BLBackup Info    The backup process (One Zip File - Full) has started at 10/7/2016 3:00:00 AM...
                  Is there a separate log for the plugin? I'm unable to log into the server right now or I'd check for myself.

To reiterate, it hasn't purged any old backups or logs since 8/2/16, which is when the latest update was applied.

Comment

Hmm I use the zip backup - I will check that on my end
                    The debug log is called BLBackup-Detailed.log and is located in the HS3 root folder

Capture a small zip backup and then attach the debug log zipped to the ticket on my web site. I would like to see what error comes up

I am out tonight but I will check the log this weekend
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      I will try and check into this one this weekend
                      I assume you are using the folder backup - I have not seen the issue because I am using the zip backup.
                      Can u log a ticket on my site and capture me a debug log of a small backup and attach the debug log zipped to the ticket
                      This way I can try and duplicate the same thing over the weekend
                      Yes. I'm using folder backup. I'll get on and log a ticket with the debug info.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Try 2.0.31 in the updater
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob... It deleted all the old folders as I had hoped.

Comment

I updated it to 2.0.32 to fix an issue with viewing backup logs
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Thanks - updated to 2.0.32.0 & ran the backup event. It purged all the old backups & logs correctly. Hooray!
                              I do see an issue with the log viewer - it says there are no log files. The log directory has 32 entries. (the one from just now reports that it purged 68 logs and 69 archives).

Comment

Working...
                              X