This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Windows Mobile Please

For a while now I have been playing with the designer and client on my PC but my ultimate goal was to produce a few screens for my htc S710 smart phone. The phone is running Windows mobile 6 Standard CE 5.2.1622 (Build 18128.0.4.4)

I followed the following procedure to install the HS client.

Created a directory on the phone under program files called hstouch and copied all files from the client folder on my PC to that directory. When I tried to extecute either client (ce5hstouch.exe and ceppcHstouch.exe) I get the same error (see pictures).

I then copied the projects and default skins from the my documents folder on my PC to the S710 my documents folder. no change.

I then installed .net 3.5 on compact frame work on the mobile device which also made no difference. ( .net 2 is in the rom so I cant reinstall that)

I am now at a loss at what to do do next can anyone help please.

Phill
    Attached Files

Check this thread where to put files in your windows mobile :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=132401

Comment

Thanks Lunkan

I have done as suggested bar altering the regestry as I still can't get basic execution. I have now put the skins and xml files under the \program files\hstouch directory instead of the my documents folder. I didn't copy the updtae directory as there is no room and I don't think this is needed....... Can it really be this obscure and hard to install a client? Anyway still no luck same errors as before....... the S710 is not a touch screen device do you think that may be an issue?

Phill

Comment

I'm not 100% sure HST will run on the S710
        S710 is smartphone and not a PocketPC
        If it run...how are you going push the button's?

I will test this and let you know.

Comment

Yes i was kinda starting think that, however, it does run windows mobile 6 and it should be suported. I really wanted it to show information and not a lot of button pushing But I can 'press' buttons on web pages so why not on the hs client?!?

Thanks for your offer of help its much apprciated. Surprised HS haven't commented its certainly not just a matter of copying the client as stated in the help file!
          phill

Comment

Working...
          X