xapmcsSonar - multiple sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsSonar - multiple sensors

I've been using this plugin successfully for a couple of months with one Maxbotix sensor.

Can you get readings from more than ones sensor. I've read the docs carefully and can find no reference to how you would do this. Tried adding a line to the ini file [SONARUNITS] section, to no effect. I've tried running a second instance of xapmcssonar from a different directory, but it still seems to use the ini file from the Homeseer version.

Is this possible?

I suspect you are running into the issue where I neglected to put a mechanism to identify different instances of xapmcsSonar. It did this with V1.1.0. Whatever you enter into the Instance text box on the setup will be appended to the computer name. For example when I use "_2" then the xAP source message in my case will be "mcs.Sonar.mcs5_2". When this message gets to Homeseer it will look different and will go to a different device code. You also need to change the UID on the same setup area so each xAP applicaiton has a unique ID. The same is true for the Browser port used for setup. Each xAP application should be placed in its own separate folder and this will avoid overwrite of ini and temporary files.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.

I've tried downloading it from your site again, but the browser still says v 1.0.7 and mcsxapsonar.exe is time stamped 14th July. Can't see an Instance text box in the browser.

Comment

I reuploaded and this time checked the file date and it looks to be correct. Give it a try again.

Comment

That seems to be working O.K. I've now got 2 sensors reporting and visible in Homeseer; 2 more to go!

(The link in your xaplibrary forum post still seems to point to the old file; the link on your web site gets the new version.)

Thanks very much for your help, another great utility and even better support.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X