HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I see the Amazon Echo does not come with the remote anymore. Does anyone use the remote at all? I could see it being useful if you were outside on the patio or something
    I like the remote. We have the echo in the kitchen, and I keep the remote in my office. The office is close enough to hear the echo, but not close enough to give commands without shouting.

Comment

It is too bad they do not sell it anymore with the remote.
      I have seen just the remote on ebay but people are selling them for $100 which is crazy
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

We only have one Echo which we have in the kitchen. I keep the remote on the bed stand for an occasional command. Works like a charm.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          It is too bad they do not sell it anymore with the remote.
          I have seen just the remote on ebay but people are selling them for $100 which is crazy
          Not only that, but I wish you could pair multiple remotes to a single echo, but from what I've heard, that's not possible.

Been hearing rumblings of a smaller, cheaper echo to be released soon. It's said to be approximately the size of a bear can and capable of running off a battery. However, when running off a battery, it can't be activated by voice, and you must activate it using the button on top, and then give voice commands.

The hope is that when it's plugged into its charger that it's in 'always listening mode' and you don't have to click that button. But that's not confirmed. If that is the case (deal breaker if not), and it's quite a bit cheaper, it'd definitely be something to look at for adding echos to more rooms.

Comment

I would like to hack the remote so that HS3 could control the echo. It would be great to stop/mute playback via HS3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
              I would like to hack the remote so that HS3 could control the echo. It would be great to stop/mute playback via HS3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw a project a while back where someone had mapped the gpio pins on a raspberry pi to a remote control and were controlling stuff over their network that way. Lol. Wouldn't do much for WAF but stuck out of site that would be neat.

Comment

Updates??

Any updates here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Crash View Post
                  Any updates here?
                  Still in progress.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Echo

Mark,
                    Is there any further development of the Echo anticipated soon .. I have been using the IFTT with good success. I would rather use a solution from Homeseer.

Pat G.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
                      Mark,
                      Is there any further development of the Echo anticipated soon .. I have been using the IFTT with good success. I would rather use a solution from Homeseer.

Pat G.
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=94

Comment

Is there at least a dialog with Amazon fixing issues, or has it been radio silence since you submitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are working with Amazon on 2 skills, the native connected home API, which is currently being tested, and the skill. The skill has been heavily changed to function better and has been submitted, we are just waiting for approval now. We submitted it once already but they rejected it, so this is round 2.

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                          Is there at least a dialog with Amazon fixing issues, or has it been radio silence since you submitted?

Comment

Right now, we are in talks with Amazon regarding a new approach to working with the echo.

See this thread for more clarification.
                            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

That's awesome, and a big step forward for the skill once it gets approved (assuming Amazon sends you recognizable text and device names). That will make complex requests even easier.

However, I think I'd still like to see integration with the lighting api to make simple requests possible without the clumsy language to invoke the skill. Hopefully, that's still under consideration for approval in parallel to these new skill changes.

Comment

Yes, the lighting API is still in the works, just one last issue to deal with then we will submit for approval, should be submitted this week.

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                                That's awesome, and a big step forward for the skill once it gets approved (assuming Amazon sends you recognizable text and device names). That will make complex requests even easier.

However, I think I'd still like to see integration with the lighting api to make simple requests possible without the clumsy language to invoke the skill. Hopefully, that's still under consideration for approval in parallel to these new skill changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X