Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a real problem, I changed the event to status change instead of status set, and that fixed it. It just seemed like a waste of processing. I image that every change on a device causes several actions in HomeSeer that (in this case) might be avoided.

FYI, when I wrote my P1 plugin for a Smart Energy meter device, I initially updated 15 to 20 devices every 10 seconds. A Raspberry Pi had a hard time coping with that kind of load, so I had to change it to once every minute.

Anyway, great plugin. Just purchased it
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      What do you mean by "when I click on the message"?
      Could you post the script you use? The native Speak scripting function should work.
      The line to hear the voicemail was:
      hs.playWavFile "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\" & callfor
      I changed it in:
      hs.speak "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\" & callfor, true
      Chromecast is playing the wav file now, but Tasker is saying the the text, (c:\Program....) now.
      Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Hi Spud,
        Noticed that if multiple events use the speak command at almost the same time, only one will be heard through the Chromecast.
        Found this url about queueing files to the Chromecast.
        https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/autoplay
        You can even start a file at a starttime:
        https://developers.google.com/cast/d...edia.QueueItem
        That way you can stop a stream, play the speak commands and start the stream again at the stopped time.
        Is this something you can implement?
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
          Hi Spud,
          Noticed that if multiple events use the speak command at almost the same time, only one will be heard through the Chromecast.
          That way you can stop a stream, play the speak commands and start the stream again at the stopped time.
          This would be amazing! +1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Spud,
            It's not that simple, because unfortunately I cannot use any of the SDK that google offers (iOS, Android, or Chrome). There is no C# SDK for desktop program, so I need to reverse engineer how is it done from other platforms to be able to implement it in the plugin.
            I may be able to add the queuing features but I don't think that will help much for stopping and resuming what's currently playing.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Every other day the plugin seems to hit an issue. After that, one of more of my Chromecast devices do no longer reflect the actual status of the device, until I disconnect/connect again. This is the error I see in the log:

nov.-10 15:53:17 Chromecast ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.MediaStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, SharpCaster.Models.MediaStatus.MediaStatus e) [0x00168] in :0
              nov.-10 15:53:17 Chromecast ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.MediaStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, SharpCaster.Models.MediaStatus.MediaStatus e) [0x00168] in :0

I am using 2 CC Audio, 1 CC 2 and 1 CC Ultra. The two CC Audio devices are also combined in a CC Group.

I am using the 3.0.0.8 version of the plugin on Ubuntu.
              stefxx

Comment

Seems that the latest HS3 beta .383 is causing problem with 3.0.0.8. It's the second time this happened, so thought I should report.

Not sure what is triggering it, but the Chromecast plugin starts to load up the CPU and the log is flooded with disconnects and reconnects from my CC devices.

2017-11-11 08:11:52 Warning Plugin Chromecast is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
                2017-11-11 07:56:21 Warning Plugin Chromecast is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
                2017-11-11 07:40:51 Warning Plugin Chromecast is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
                2017-11-11 07:25:20 Warning Plugin Chromecast is not responding but it is still running,​ not restarting yet.
                2017-11-11 07:25:01 Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Chromecast:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                2017-11-11 07:10:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Kid's Bedroom Google Mini Volume to 50% (50)
                2017-11-11 07:10:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Living Room Google Home Volume to 55% (55)
                2017-11-11 07:10:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Kitchen Dining Google Mini Volume to 60% (60)
                2017-11-11 07:10:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Master Bedroom Google Home Volume to 45% (45)
                2017-11-11 07:10:01 Event Event Trigger "Chromecasts Google Home Speaker Day Time Volume"
                2017-11-11 06:51:28 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast All Home Speakers
                2017-11-11 06:51:26 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast All Home Speakers
                2017-11-11 06:51:05 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Living Room TV
                2017-11-11 06:51:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Kitchen TV
                2017-11-11 06:51:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Bedroom TV
                2017-11-11 06:51:01 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast All Home Speakers
                2017-11-11 06:50:52 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Kid's Bedroom
                2017-11-11 06:50:47 Device Control Device: Chromecast Kid's Bedroom Google Mini Volume to 50% (50)
                2017-11-11 06:50:47 Device Control Device: Chromecast Master Bedroom Google Home Volume to 40% (40)
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Kid's Bedroom
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Bedroom TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Kitchen TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast All Home Speakers
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Living Room TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:13 Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Master Bedroom
                2017-11-11 06:48:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Bedroom TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Kitchen TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Kid's Bedroom
                2017-11-11 06:48:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Living Room TV
                2017-11-11 06:48:02 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Master Bedroom
                2017-11-11 06:47:49 Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast All Home Speakers
                2017-11-11 06:45:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Kid's Bedroom Google Mini Volume to 70% (70)
                2017-11-11 06:45:01 Device Control Device: Chromecast Master Bedroom Google Home Volume to 50% (50)
                Rebooting the system resets the system and it runs fine again. This did not happen on HS3 beta .382 which I ran for about a week. I've gone back to .382 for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                Current Date/Time: 11/11/2017 8:39:24 AM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.383
                Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 17 Minutes 0 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.100.101
                Number of Devices: 432
                Number of Events: 228
                Available Threads: 199
                HSTouch Enabled: True
                Event Threads: 0
                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                Device Exec Queue: 0
                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                Email Send Queue: 0
                Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.48.0: BLBackup
                2.0.35.0: BLLAN
                2.0.10.0: BLPlex
                3.0.0.8: Chromecast
                3.0.0.5: CM15A
                1.0.0.0: drhsEventEnabler
                3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
                3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                3.0.4.8: SDJ-Health
                3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ; November 10, 2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Any expanding to Google assistant?
                  https://developers.google.com/assistant/sdk/
                  Then you can let HS speak to Google!
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
                    Seems that the latest HS3 beta .383 is causing problem with 3.0.0.8. It's the second time this happened, so thought I should report.

Not sure what is triggering it, but the Chromecast plugin starts to load up the CPU and the log is flooded with disconnects and reconnects from my CC devices.

Rebooting the system resets the system and it runs fine again. This did not happen on HS3 beta .382 which I ran for about a week. I've gone back to .382 for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Current Date/Time: 11/11/2017 8:39:24 AM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.383
                    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 17 Minutes 0 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.100.101
                    Number of Devices: 432
                    Number of Events: 228
                    Available Threads: 199
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 0
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.48.0: BLBackup
                    2.0.35.0: BLLAN
                    2.0.10.0: BLPlex
                    3.0.0.8: Chromecast
                    3.0.0.5: CM15A
                    1.0.0.0: drhsEventEnabler
                    3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
                    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                    3.0.4.8: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                    3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                    3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
                    according to your screenshot you have a lot of HSPI_chromecast.exe running, you should only have one....
                    you also have duplicate processes for ZWave and CM15A

this is weird...

Comment

Any expanding to Google assistant?
                      https://developers.google.com/assistant/sdk/
                      Then you can let HS speak to Google!
                      well, this sdk is used to let a physical device run google assistant, but I don't think it can be used to send requests to an instance of Google Assistant

Comment

well, this sdk is used to let a physical device run google assistant, but I don't think it can be used to send requests to an instance of Google Assistant
                        You can let HS speak to Google then.
                        You can let HS then start TuneIn Radio or Spotify........
                        I was already thinking of using a Google Home Mini to place near a speaker of my HS PC to send speak commands from HS.
                        For now, when I start a radio stream, I don't see a pictue of the music that is playing, or the name of the number that is playing. With TuneIn Radio I see them.
                        But I can't start a TuneIn radio stream from HS, but with Google Home I can.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          Hi Spud,

Every other day the plugin seems to hit an issue. After that, one of more of my Chromecast devices do no longer reflect the actual status of the device, until I disconnect/connect again. This is the error I see in the log:

I am using 2 CC Audio, 1 CC 2 and 1 CC Ultra. The two CC Audio devices are also combined in a CC Group.

Hi Spud,

Any idea? It seems to happen most frequent to the CC Ultra (but that one is also most frequently used).

Thanks!
                          stefxx

Comment

Hi Spud,

This is the same issue that I have. My CC status freezes on "playing" when I disconnect and therefore my system has no way to know that the device has disconnected.

I tried to make an intuitive event that would notice that the song had not changed in the last xx minutes by monitoring for a song change, but the CC add-in is constantly triggering a title change even though the title does not change.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Any idea? It seems to happen most frequent to the CC Ultra (but that one is also most frequently used).

Thanks!
                              What apps are you using with the chromecast?
                              Could you provide full debug logs?
                              The errors you posted may not be related to the freezing problem. In version 3.0.0.9 I fixed one possible cause for these errors, so please use this version.

Comment

What apps are you using with the chromecast?
                                Could you provide full debug logs?
                                The errors you posted may not be related to the freezing problem. In version 3.0.0.9 I fixed one possible cause for these errors, so please use this version.
                                Thanks. I am using lots of different apps, most related to Dutch television (nlziet, kpn play, knippr, rtl xl, npo, etc) and off course Netflix.

I agree that I do not know for sure if the error is related to the freeze of the device. I just installed 3.0.0.9, lets see if that fixes the issue.

If not I will try to get some debug logging. Problem is that it may take a day or two before the error shows up again.

Thanks again!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X