Relocated Z-NET. Now cannot connect to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocated Z-NET. Now cannot connect to it

Good morning - due to some potential connectivity issues, I relocated my ZNet device this morning.

After connecting to new location, I have been unable to connect to the Znet device.

I used find.homeseer.com. It displays the ip addreess for ethernet and wifi, but when I click on either one, it doesn't connect (times out).

I also cannot ping the device, even though they show up on network (I use Fing to scan my local network).

There is a single RED LED on the box.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
    Good morning - due to some potential connectivity issues, I relocated my ZNet device this morning.

After connecting to new location, I have been unable to connect to the Znet device.

I used find.homeseer.com. It displays the ip addreess for ethernet and wifi, but when I click on either one, it doesn't connect (times out).

I also cannot ping the device, even though they show up on network (I use Fing to scan my local network).

There is a single RED LED on the box.

Any ideas?
    Are you setup with a DHCP or Static IP?
    Is it wired or wifi?

If you can't ping it then either it's 1 not online or 2 the wrong IP.

Try power cycling it. Pull the power, wait a few seconds...10 or so and plug power back and give it about 2 minutes to fully boot. Then try the ping again.

Comment

I have a static IP on both the wired and wireless, but the wired ethernet is primary interface.

find.homeseer.com reports back the ip addresses. My network scanning tools also report that those addresses are connected on network.

However, when I attempt to connect, it won't ping/connect/etc.

It really makes no sense... I've put in a ticket with helpdesk

Comment

I have a static IP on both the wired and wireless, but the wired ethernet is primary interface.

find.homeseer.com reports back the ip addresses. My network scanning tools also report that those addresses are connected on network.

However, when I attempt to connect, it won't ping/connect/etc.

It really makes no sense... I've put in a ticket with helpdesk
        If you can't get to it, then can you stick a monitor on it and get a visual? USB keyboard/mouse and TV or hdmi capable monitor.

Comment

There is a single RED LED on the box
          The red light means something, but I'm guessing it means a lack of communication between the Z-Net and the HomeSeer software.

Could it also indicate that the device is not accessible on the network?

Anyone know?

Comment

*** SOLVED ***

I was able to connect a monitor via HDMI to the Z-NET and then see that the IP address that was actually assigned was completely different. I was then able to connect using the correct IP address and get everything working...

Comment

I was able to connect a monitor via HDMI to the Z-NET and then see that the IP address that was actually assigned was completely different. I was then able to connect using the correct IP address and get everything working...
              Move your config to a Static IP or double check in your router that you have the DHCP reservation setup correctly for the interface you are wanting to use.

Comment

Working...
              X