how to Schedule a system restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to Schedule a system restart

Occasionally my HSTouch on my phone will not access my system if it is on the home wifi network. If I go to cell service, it connects fine. A system restart seems to repair the problem.

And a couple times it has happened where I cannot access the system at all.

Is there a way to make the system automatically restart? Maybe by scheduling it as an event? I'm thinking have it restart at 3am several nights a week.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    Occasionally my HSTouch on my phone will not access my system if it is on the home wifi network. If I go to cell service, it connects fine. A system restart seems to repair the problem.

And a couple times it has happened where I cannot access the system at all.

Is there a way to make the system automatically restart? Maybe by scheduling it as an event? I'm thinking have it restart at 3am several nights a week.

Thoughts?
    How are you connecting HSTouch? If you can do it with cell service, it must be MyHS or port forwarding.

I use Blade's (free) BLShutdown plug-in. It can be used in an event to restart HomeSeer and/or the computer, shut down HomeSeer and/or the computer. You can call up an action in an event to do any of the above. I am not sure if it runs under Linux. On your Linux system, I think those options are under tools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1197244
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

It might make more sense to figure out why your system goes dark. But in the mean time there is BLShutdown as mentioned above by Randy and there is also the restart plugin by CFGuy which is also free and can restart HS through an event. Here I have a manually triggered event using it that restarts HS for the occasion where I need to cycle it; which fortunately isn't often.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Are there any particular triggers which could be used to pick up on which would indicate a reboot of either HomeSeer or Windows is needed?

Comment

I went to Plugins>Manage and could not find either of these plugins
          - BLshutdown
          - restart by CFguy

Am I looking for the wrong thing or int he wrong place?

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
            I went to Plugins>Manage and could not find either of these plugins
            - BLshutdown
            - restart by CFguy

Am I looking for the wrong thing or int he wrong place?
            I can never quite understand the categorization of plug-ins. So what I do is to expand *every* category, then do a find in the browser. That's the easiest way I've found.

Comment

Both are under Utilities category - and both are Windows only, no Linux...

Comment

I think I might be spending some time poking around on the router to make sure it was healthy during one of these outages.

Comment

Working...
                X