Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post

Let me know what I can do to help,
    Does the plugin discover the Pioneer and the Panasonic (I assume that's what you mean by panny). Does it create the stop/pause.. buttons and how is the device reacting? What would help if users were to describe their experience. Things which interest me are:
    • does the device switch automatically when you send it a picture or music or do you first have to set it to some special input selector? (Samsung, Sony, WD all switch automatically, Onkyo needs to be set to Input=Network manually)
    • Does it render quickly or slowly? (WD is slow, Sony & Samsung or quite OK, XMBC is OK as well)
    • Is the device sending autonomous updates. I guess easiest way to see this is to change the volume on your device, refresh the HS status page and see if the volume level is tracking (Onkyo does it, Samsung does not)
    • If you play music, does the device show album art, so far none of the devices I've tested has shown albumart
    • Any other issues or good things to note?

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.20 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.20:
      • Support Remote Control functions for Samsung devices (2011 and newer or part of the Smart-TV line)
      • Support now Roku XS. This is not a DLNA device but it is discovered through DLNA. Beauty is that it publishes the apps it has installed and you can create buttons that automatically start the APP.
      • Support Remote Control functions for Onkyo devices (only those that are network attached, so the newer ones)
      • Added ability to remove/delete devices
      • Added ability to customize which buttons will be under HS control. You can select which remote functions will be linked to HS device buttons
      • Added ability to make Import files, so if you have different remote codes for Samsungs, Sonys, Onkyos, you can make you own list of button names and keycodes
      • Added Samsungs message service
      • To do: TTS, Actions

Comment

forgot w/ new version .20

Another note: after you have added a device, no remote buttons will be created until you go to the config screen, open the Remote Control Button Editor and either load the default or import a button file!

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
          I just ordered a Sony picture frame that is "supposed" to be DNLA certified. I say all that to say I am up to test any thing that you might like to try.

Let me know what I can do to help,

Chris
          Hi Chris, how did the Sony picture frame work out for you? Does it comply to DLNA (as a renderer with external control point) or it only uses DLNA to discover content but can't be controller externally? I'm in the market for some picture frames that I would be able to control from this plugin but haven't found anything that would be at a reasonable cost. At a few hundred dollars, one can start looking at Android/iPad devices

Dirk

Comment

dlna hstouch

hello
            I am currently using your plugin, with two philips streamium sl300i Servio and a server, wonderful! everything is recognized, but begin to use hstouch to drive the renderer, from the HomeSeer interface it works perfectly ...
            it shook really nice feature to launch a film from hstouch.
            congratulations for this plug
            Hello from France

Comment

Originally posted by videomanworld View Post
              hello
              I am currently using your plugin, with two philips streamium sl300i Servio and a server, wonderful! everything is recognized, but begin to use hstouch to drive the renderer, from the HomeSeer interface it works perfectly ...
              it shook really nice feature to launch a film from hstouch.
              congratulations for this plug
              Hello from France
              Thanks for the feedback!

Dirk

Comment

i have no clue on this.. it is cool so far..

samsung 3d tv in
                few machines in
                dont think it sees my bluray player...

during a search i got this..

6/7/2012 9:04:25 PM DLNA Manager Error in DiscoverUPNP for service = (null)-Garage with error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
                6/8/2012 4:53:07 PM DLNA Manager ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted for Acer Laptop. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 1727496 225746912
                6/8/2012 4:55:28 PM DLNA Manager Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for device = Acer Laptop cancelling the AsyncFinc with error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Errors in HS log

I have just started trying out the DLNA Manager plugin. Things seen to be going OK for the most part. I get a few errors every 2 minutes though. Not sure what they mean. I have attached a txt file with some errors from the log. any help would be appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    6/7/2012 9:04:25 PM DLNA Manager Error in DiscoverUPNP for service = (null)-Garage with error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
                    Not sure what this error is. Most likely a non compliant DLNA device. When you go to your DLNA table, is anything showing up as "garage??".

Other way to find out is turn debug flag on and email me detailed log.

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    6/8/2012 4:53:07 PM DLNA Manager ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted for Acer Laptop. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 1727496 225746912
                    6/8/2012 4:55:28 PM DLNA Manager Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for device = Acer Laptop cancelling the AsyncFinc with error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    I suspect here that the plugin detected a DLNA complaint application on your laptop and that the laptop is not on-line anymore or more likely, the application is not running anymore. If you go to your DLNA table, what did the plugin detect on your laptop, if it is not there anymore, deactivate it or delete it.

I do have a challenge with applications. The plugin uses pings to check whether devices are still on-line (ex TV, AVReceiver ..) but for things like applications like WMP, XBMC, DLNA Server apps, the PC can be on-line but the applications could not be running. Need to find a way to make sure I don't generate a ton of errors for those. This error is most likely benign.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by GMCous View Post
                      I have just started trying out the DLNA Manager plugin. Things seen to be going OK for the most part. I get a few errors every 2 minutes though. Not sure what they mean. I have attached a txt file with some errors from the log. any help would be appreciated.
                      actually not quite sure where this error is coming from:

6/9/2012 2:55:14 PM DLNA Manager Error in raising generic callback event in PlayChangeNotifyCallback with error : Public member 'RaiseGenericEventCB' on type 'clsHSPI' not found.

This plugin raises a generic event that can be used by other plugins. While doing that it receives the error above.

What plugins do you have active? Anything that is called clsHSPI? What version of HS are you running? PRO or regular and which SW version? Any scripts that try to intercept generic events?

Again a benign error, can easily be removed, but this code is common to my other plugins and never seen it before.

Dirk

Comment

Reply to post

The plugins that are active are: USB-UIRT,VWSCSV,YacSeer,ACRF Processor,Activebackup,BLab8ss,BLBackup,BLCPU Advisor,
                        BLDevice Matrix,BL Plugims,BLRandom,BLSecurity,CheaperRFID,CX777ES Conirol,Media Center 2005,Media Player,Net Cam,Power
                        Trigger,Smarthouse Powerlinc,RCS Serial Thermostat,Doo CPU Monitor,Doo Motion,Doo Network,HITech homes Sprinkler Control,
                        and 7 of the Maestro plugins. Including Core,HVAC Module,Awareness Modole,Music Module,Sprinkler Module,Weather Module,
                        and WebView module.

I did a search on the Drive, and found no files that had "clsHSPI" in them other than the HS Log files. Iam running
                        HS Ver 2.2.0.66 and Win XP Home SP3. I also have no Scripts that intercept any generic events that I know of.

Because this is happening every 2 minutse, I checked to see if I had any scripts running every 2 minutes. There was only one,and it was triggering right before these errors. I stopped it to see if it had any effect on the errors,but it did not.

Comment

The plugins that are active are: USB-UIRT,VWSCSV,YacSeer,ACRF Processor,Activebackup,BLab8ss,BLBackup,BLCPU Advisor,
                          BLDevice Matrix,BL Plugims,BLRandom,BLSecurity,CheaperRFID,CX777ES Conirol,Media Center 2005,Media Player,Net Cam,Power
                          Trigger,Smarthouse Powerlinc,RCS Serial Thermostat,Doo CPU Monitor,Doo Motion,Doo Network,HITech homes Sprinkler Control,
                          and 7 of the Maestro plugins. Including Core,HVAC Module,Awareness Modole,Music Module,Sprinkler Module,Weather Module,
                          and WebView module.
                          WOW, should have asked you what you were not running

I did a search on the Drive, and found no files that had "clsHSPI" in them other than the HS Log files. Iam running
                          HS Ver 2.2.0.66 and Win XP Home SP3. I also have no Scripts that intercept any generic events that I know of.

Because this is happening every 2 minutes, I checked to see if I had any scripts running every 2 minutes. There was only one,and it was triggering right before these errors. I stopped it to see if it had any effect on the errors,but it did not.
                          Well the error comes from the DLNA plugin which react to some event, probably a track change. I wonder whether this interface was not existing in HS R2.2 in any case, the next beta I post will have the error removed, as I said, it has zero impact on the function of the plugin.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for the Reply. Other than the error, I think this a Great Plugin. Already have researched a few more Electronic Components to purchace that have network ports and are DLNA capable. TV,Receiver, Sat Rec, and Blueray player. Will purchase them as money is available.

Thanks again
                            gmcous

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                              Just been reading this thread, great work.
                              What TV brand allows for the most functionality using DLNA with this plugin. Gonna be in the market for a new tv soon, and just wanted your thoughts.
                              Tom
                              baby steps...starting again with HS3
                              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                                Hi Dirk,
                                Just been reading this thread, great work.
                                What TV brand allows for the most functionality using DLNA with this plugin. Gonna be in the market for a new tv soon, and just wanted your thoughts.
                                Hi TomTom,

I only have a Samsung TV so I wouldn't be able to give any advice. I'd recommend that you would buy a TV based on what the TV can do and that meets your needs (3d, refresh rates, size, apps ...) not what DLNA features it supports.

My Samsung is a 2010 model, rendering pictures on it is pretty slow but I bought that TV for its extreme thin size and I love it. I read that the newer models have faster processors on-board so maybe they do much better. It has one interesting feature that it can show little pop-up messages but other than that its DLNA features are quite bland.

Given Sony's activity in the arena of DLNA combined with typical innovation and feature richness (but very expensive), I would not be surprised that Sony TVs would beat their counterparts in this area but that is just a gut-feel, maybe other users can chime in on their experience.

One thing perhaps to try before you buy is to go to a store and have the sales rep show the DLNA features, meaning, have him play content of a networked device. See how easily it discovers content, how easy or difficult the navigation through the folders is and more importantly, how quickly it renders content like pictures, music (does it display album art) and video.

I'm starting to like DLNA more and more (and even Windows Media Player). Last week I had some family visiting from overseas and they had a self created DVD with them with some stuff from 20 years ago they pulled of an old camera. Of course my blu-ray didn't know how to play this format, went to my PC, downloaded a free converter that converted it to .mp4, stored it on my NAS, took my laptop, sat in front of my TV and used my plugin to select it and play it on my TV

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X