www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion > EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in Discussions of Adam Telford's EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

Old October 4th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Seer Deluxe

Strange problem when using remote I/O link

HI,
I have migrated to HS3, including EZFlora and everything works fine (almost).
I can run my programs via event actions.
I can manually start/stop any valve directly from the device control screen.
I can run any valve or combination of valves directly from a timed event (in case I need a temporary schedule not covered by the programs).
The issue is with directly controlling a valve through an event which is initiated by the remote I/O link. A button on the I/O link sets the valve to ON. Pressing the same button again sets the valve to OFF. The log shows device control setting the valve on, but no response from the valve. What is really strange is that 2 of the 4 valves work fine using the i/O link. Strange and confusing.!!
any thoughts?

HS3 3.0.0.96
EZFlora 2.0.0.1
Insteon 3.0.4.4
Attached Images

Old October 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Seer Deluxe

I'm not sure what could be causing it, but I'll look into it. Please post a copy of the EZflora log with debug logging enabled so I can get a better understanding of what is happening in the plugin.

Thanks,

Adam
Old October 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Seer Deluxe

OK Adam,
I'm not sure how to parse & store logs in HS3 yet, so I did a screen capture to get this to you quicker. If you can't read it, maybe I could email it to you.

the sequence for this test was:
turn valve1 on, then off from screen
turn valve1 on, then off from the remote i/o device
turn valve1 on, then off from screen again.
In all three scenarios, the valve1 status on the device screen showed on/off as expected, but in scenario 2, the actual valve did not come on.
Attached Images

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Seer Deluxe

Zipped the debug file,
Doug
Attached Files
File Type: zip EZFloraDebugValve1 030514.zip (968.8 KB, 3 views)
Old October 5th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

It looks like there may be a problem with the plugin on how it handles the event calls from HS. Could you also post a capture of the log doing the same sequence with one of the valves that works being triggered by the IOlinc?

Thanks,

Adam
Old October 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Seer Deluxe

Adam,
I reset the I/O link and it appears to be working now with all 4 valves. I'll continue to test it for awhile, but I don't think there is any issue with your plug-in. Thanks for your continued support.
Doug
Old October 6th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Seer Deluxe

That is great news! I'm glad it is working now. Let me know if you run into any problems with it.

Adam