Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to speed up the ramp rate on zooz switches

hi all,

i have a few zen22 dimmer switches in play, and i'd really like to speed up the on/off ramp and possibly change them over to discrete if possible.

any advice would be great!

thanks!

FWIW the Zen support team said that it is not possible to change the ramp rate on the older model switches. It may be possible on new models.

Comment

For Zooz Version 2.0 Zen22 Dimmer Switches.

Click on the device's Z-Wave tab and expand the Settings.
      In the "Set Configuration Parameters" select parameter 4, leave the value blank and click "Set". (This should return the switch's current value)
      Change it to 1 and hit set.
      Ramp speed should now be faster. Of course, the Zen 22 being a dimmer switch it's not truly instant but I'm happier with the faster ramp speed.

Other parameters you can play with are:
      Parm Size Description Value
      1 1 Invert Switch 0 (Default)-Upper paddle turns light on, 1-Lower paddle turns light on
      2 1 LED Indicator 0 (Default)-LED is on when light is OFF, 1-LED is on when light is ON
      3 1 LED Disable 0 (Default)-LED is on based on parameter 2, 1-LED is off always
      4 1 Fast Ramp 0 (Default)-100% brightness within 2 seconds and off in 4 seconds, 1-instant 100% and off in 1 second
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Modify 1st Floor Kitchen ....png
Views:	277
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	1255121

Though this post is a year old Googling "change Zooz ramp rate" points to this thread, so I thought I'd respond for the benefit of others after figuring out how to speed up the ramp rate on my Zen22 v2.0 dimmer switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamon View Post
        For Zooz Version 2.0 Zen22 Dimmer Switches.

Click on the device's Z-Wave tab and expand the Settings.
        In the "Set Configuration Parameters" select parameter 4, leave the value blank and click "Set". (This should return the switch's current value)
        Change it to 1 and hit set.
        Ramp speed should now be faster. Of course, the Zen 22 being a dimmer switch it's not truly instant but I'm happier with the faster ramp speed.

Other parameters you can play with are:
        Parm Size Description Value
        1 1 Invert Switch 0 (Default)-Upper paddle turns light on, 1-Lower paddle turns light on
        2 1 LED Indicator 0 (Default)-LED is on when light is OFF, 1-LED is on when light is ON
        3 1 LED Disable 0 (Default)-LED is on based on parameter 2, 1-LED is off always
        4 1 Fast Ramp 0 (Default)-100% brightness within 2 seconds and off in 4 seconds, 1-instant 100% and off in 1 second
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Modify 1st Floor Kitchen ....png
Views:	277
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	1255121

Though this post is a year old Googling "change Zooz ramp rate" points to this thread, so I thought I'd respond for the benefit of others after figuring out how to speed up the ramp rate on my Zen22 v2.0 dimmer switches.
        I don't have zen22's but I have zen23 on/off switches... but I do have GE Jasco dimmable. That 4 set to 1 does NOT do the same... LOL...

had to set it back.

so how did you figure that out? Id love to get my GE's to do this as they slow ramp up (not as bad as the intermatic's)
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Just found the info tooling while around the internet. Honestly, I can't remember where I found it. Hopefully, you've found some parameters for your devices that do what you want.

Comment

No time yet lol
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
            X