ICON ramp rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICON ramp rate

Who here has received any ICON dimmer switches recently?

I had a bunch exchanged a while back due to that known paddle issue where the switch would often take repeated taps in order to turn it on or off. Well, after installing the new ones, 2 out of the bunch had a pre-programmed ramp rate of 2 seconds. I immediately called smarthome and someone told me it was a mistake and was ready to send me 2 others. I wish I had taken him up on it at the time but didn't because I was waiting for the refund on my credit card from my previous RMA.

I call up today to finally take care of this annoying issue only to find out that this is the way they're suppose to be and all future ICONs will have this preprogrammed 2 second ramp rate that can not be changed.

I think this sucks and is a terrible move. Thoughts?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I can't see any logic for hardcoding a 2-second ramp rate. That does suck, and I can't believe it would be released without it being programmable.

Maybe it's a sabotage move to make one purchase the more expensive SwitchLinc dimmer.

Comment

Working...
    X