Insteon EZUIRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon EZUIRT

Any one using homeseer with EZUIRT to control their home media devices?

Is it reliable?

Comment

There hasn't been a lot of talk about this device. My guess is most users use one of the many other well intergrated IR devices like the Ocelot, USB-URIT, IRTrans. etc.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ezuirt

USb-Uirt is in deed the best device i've used yet but it is far from the flexibility of the EZUIRT ( That's considering SHN wakes up from a big snooze and actually support more than 50% of the IR signals out there.).

But, the fact that it bridges IR trough powerlines really makes it a killer product. ( Once again, as of today, it's not so good because of the VERY limited IR compatibility / Still better than IRLinc which is an expensive paper weight )

Im sure making a plugin or script using Insteon external devices sciprting could be fairly easy for someone with some programming skills. Sadly, my skills are too limited for that stuff. Seems like the only way to get EXUIRT to send IR codes from homeseer is too link it with a Insteon device that then becomes useless for it's local load control.

Am I not seeing sumptin here ?

Long live well built / supported products !

Comment

Thanks for the update. I agree ... yje limited IR device support is troubling.

Comment

Insteon EZUIRT

Support for INSTEON motion detector was added recently. Well post the new driver in the near uture.

Comment

ezuirt

I dont see much use between EZuirt and motion detection but hey, I guess that means work is still in progress and we might one day shed some light on increased IR compatibility and homeseer event triggering without the need of device associations !

Any news on when these much awaited feature will be implemented ?

Thx guys !

Comment

I just was browsing Smarthome's website and saw this EZUIRT devices on sale today. It looks like it has some great versatility and just wanted to see if anyone had been able to use it with HomeSeer yet? Is there any support with the PLM 1.5 plugin, or any future consideration with the PLM Plugin?
                Last edited by Sinandgrin; November 12, 2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X