Ramp rate programmatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramp rate programmatically

How do I specify a ramp rate for a LampLinc module programmatically? I want different ramp rates for different events (fo the same lamp) but I have only locate how to set ramp rate manually.

Thanks.

Mark

You can only program the rate at the device.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
      You can only program the rate at the device.
      Thanks Bill but I don't believe that to be the case. Both SmartHome Manager and HomeSeer allow me to select a ramp rate via software and send that to the device. I just want programmatic access to this so that I can script from Homeseer.

I actually thought this was a reasonably common scenario (for example, an oft-quoted scenario is the "watch TV" scenario where the lights take a few mins so that one can get settled in the seat, etc. But I sure hope that doesn't mean I need to visit the lamp every time I want to change the rate for this purpose :-)

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

Mark,
        That "ability" to send ramp rate is only usable during the programming of the switch.

Now if you want a movie "mode" this is what HomeSeer is designed to do. There are several ways to accomplish this. One easy way could be to use a palm pad remote and hit A1 on for example. This could in-turn run an event to turn on the TV and DVD player and start a script that would dim the lights in several increments over the next 30 seconds. This same event could be started by selecting one of the buttons on one of these:

http://www.smarthome.com/12063W.html
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mark, It can be scripted in HomeSeer, but it's not very practical. It takes a total of twelve X10 commands to change the fade rate each time, and any other X10 traffic on the line during those few seconds will disrupt it. And when it is disrupted, it can mess up the programming in ALL SwitchLincs in your house. But even if you have perfectly behaved X10, if you change the ramp rate right before changing the light, it causes unacceptable (to me) delays in the response of the light. The most annoying thing, however, is that the light blinks every time you change the fade-rate.

I believe it can be done, but I gave up. It wasn't that important to me. Nonetheless, I have the code I tested with. I can dig it up, but probably not until Thursday. If you would like to try it before that, the algorithm is like this:

transmit address "O16"
          transmit address "N16"
          transmit address "M16"
          transmit address "P16"
          transmit address "M16"
          transmit address of SwitchLinc/LampLinc/ToggleLink you wist to modify
          transmit Command "Preset Dim", containing desired ramp rate.
          transmit address "O16"
          transmit address "P16"
          transmit address "N16"
          transmit address "M16"
          transmit address "O16"
          It is done. the modified light now blinks once.

(A Side Note: UPB has a provision to select a different fade rate with each command.)

Comment

Working...
          X