X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

Hi Matt,

Since upgrading to the latest version, I'm receiving the following messages.

May-11 00:01:02 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:01:08 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:01:27 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:01:33 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:01:58 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:02:04 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:02:11 OS-Plugin Error: Communication with Opensprinkler lost (3 consecutive failed reads)
      May-11 00:02:18 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 4 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:02:25 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 5 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:02:31 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 6 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:03:02 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:03:20 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:03:27 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:03:33 OS-Plugin Error: Communication with Opensprinkler lost (3 consecutive failed reads)
      May-11 00:03:41 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 4 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:03:47 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 5 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:04:06 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:04:18 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:04:31 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:04:37 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:04:56 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:05:02 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
      May-11 00:05:09 OS-Plugin Error: Communication with Opensprinkler lost (3 consecutive failed reads)
      May-11 00:05:52 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles

I have not changed any of the configuration items, the only thing that changed has been the version of the plugin.

Judd

Comment

Are those messages constantly happening or was it just a burst at a specific time?

That is simply logging when the opensprinkler controller did not respond to a request for information which would more likely indicate an issue with your LAN being down or overloaded, not the plugin (the warning messages won't appear if debug logging is off).

If the messages are all concentrated at a specific time then don't worry about it, your LAN must have been having a hard time. If it continues, perhaps try to slow the polling rate down, I can't offer any other suggestions.

Comment

I'm getting this too, and random lost comms. from HS3 to open sprinkler. It's not a network issue.

May-11 22:35:14 OS-Plugin Error: Communication with Opensprinkler lost (3 consecutive failed reads)

I am on open sprinkler FW 2.14 though, is the plugin only good through 2.13?

Also getting this error when restarting the plugin to restore comms:

May-11 22:49:23 Error Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
          Last edited by ORNVM; May 12, 2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I've programmed the plugin to give that message if the http call to opensprinkler returns either a blank string or the word "error" more than 3 times in a row.

It doesn't cause any harm - just updates devices with "comms error" until the next successful poll.

It's a network issue - even if it's short lived. It will most likely go away if you increase your poll time, otherwise just ignore the message as it doesn't cause any harm. Is HS3 and Opensprinkler connected by ethernet or wifi? I am ethernet and never have issues unless my whole network is down (which is frequent with my craphouse router).

If it is really annoying people I can just take that message out of the logs and you would never know.

As for firmware 214 - I've just installed it myself yesterday and all looks fine.

Comment

its not annoying, i'd like to find whats causing it, and it isn't a network issue. controller is ethernet and no drop outs. It started when i upgraded to FW 2.14 on the OS. I'm thinking that maybe 2.14 is busy doing something else and isn't responding. this is on hardware rev 2.1 so maybe its older hardware with firmware that is doing too much. I know it gets some of its UI assets from an external web server, if its waiting for something there to reply before responding to the HSPI poll maybe its internet latency causing it.

Comment

I don't believe its network related on my side either. It seems to have started with the last two versions of the plugin.

Judd

Comment

I'd try setting the OS plugin's polling interval to 10 seconds or more.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                    I'd try setting the OS plugin's polling interval to 10 seconds or more.
                    Have, and same results.

Comment

So I'd never seen this on my own system, even with the new plugin. Two days ago however, I upgraded my firmware to 214 (my hardware is 2.1) and I also upgraded Homeseer to V171. Now I'm getting exactly what you both describe.

The forum thread for 171 speaks about issues with delays and I have a feeling this may be the cause of the issue.

As for solutions, I've played around a bit and have managed to stop the dropouts on my system.

When the plugin polls, it actually does 5 http calls separated by 120ms, and does this each poll interval you specify. Each http call had a 1sec timeout.

I've changed this to a 10sec timeout, and I've readjusted the timing so that the 5 http calls are spaced out throughout the poll interval (ie if poll interval is 5 sec then http call every second). I promise I didn't just delete the log messages...

Try this and let me know how you go. Also let me know if you did any other changes when you saw the errors appearing such as upgrading HS3 version or firmware changes.

I'm back at work tomorrow (work away from home) so much more limited in time to help for the next two weeks.

Cheers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking a look at it.

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.163 (Windows)

And had not updated HS3. I was running old OS firmware (by a few versions at least) and that was the only update I did was to go to OS 2.14 to get the multiple master stations feature., and then of course updated the HS3 plugin to the most current.

I'll give the new version a try with the old HS3 (3.0.0.163) and see if its stable.

I did setup lynx on another box to spam poll the json calls to open sprinkler and there are noticeable variations in its response time when it is getting hammered, so hopefully these more lax timeouts will help it.

I'd lean towards FW2.14 on the OS side being half cooked and not necessarily HS3 having issues.

Thanks again for looking into it, this is a great plugin and OS is a great platform for the price.

Comment

I have been running the latest version posted of the plugin and I'm still receiving the following messages in my log file.

May-29 09:34:18 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:32:35 Insteon Thermostat 1st Floor Humidity = 44
                          May-29 09:32:06 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:31:45 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:31:31 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:31:14 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:31:00 weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
                          May-29 09:30:57 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles
                          May-29 09:30:40 OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles

I currently have my Poll setting set to 15.

Judd

Comment

The messages will go away if you turn debug logging off.

Comment

Anyone having any weird issues starting HS if the plugin is enabled? Starting with HS around build .181 and after I ran a bunch of Windows updates, if I have the OpenSprinkler plugin enabled, HS3 will hang and can't launch an instance of this plugin (gives up trying to connect to the plugin after a few mins). If I start HS3 with the plugin disabled, HS3 starts fine and I can enable the plugin and it will work. It's really weird.

Comment

Did you update OS as well? I see .5 is out

Comment

Working...
                                X