No announcement yet.

Installing the IP THermostat plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 days left on trial. Any chance we can trouble shoot this? Happy to send logs again if needed.

Comment

Riun?

Mabe someone else can shed a little light on this? I'm very keen to integrate our Evohome heating system into HS.

Comment

Riun, I can see you are active in the forums as little as a couple of days ago. I can only assume you are ignoring the numerous posts in this thread?

I give up.

For anyone else in the same boat as me, if you happen to have an old Vera box there is a free plugin for Honeywell Evohome which works well. Shame to have 2 controllers instead of 1 but needs must.

Mods- Are these (charged) plugins policed? What controls do you have in place for plugins sold through HS Store with no support?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
          Riun, I can see you are active in the forums as little as a couple of days ago. I can only assume you are ignoring the numerous posts in this thread?

I give up.

For anyone else in the same boat as me, if you happen to have an old Vera box there is a free plugin for Honeywell Evohome which works well. Shame to have 2 controllers instead of 1 but needs must.

Mods- Are these (charged) plugins policed? What controls do you have in place for plugins sold through HS Store with no support?
          For some reason, I missed updates on this thread and did not received the logging from you?

Could you sent it to HomeSeer (at) du-pre (dot) com

Sorry for the inconvenience
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I unsubscribed from this thread but just thought I would check in just in case - only to see your reply. Thank you.

In the last couple of days I've moved from a Linux system to a Windows system and I'm getting exactly the same result.

I will PM you the log from the new Windows system now.
            Last edited by Stevemeck; April 12, 2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Log sent via PM..

Comment

In the same boat as everyone. Log shows connected and info brought back but no devices created. Tried all the things mentioned but still nothing

Comment

Riun,
                  I sent the details through to you vie email and Pm on the site as requested (a week ago). Did you get a chance to look at this? It seems myself, jwshome2, DJF3, adamski, Frunk and eddcole are all having the same issue so these aren't isolated cases...

Comment

I to have already paid for this plugin and mentioned a few issues... maybe the guy is on holiday? mine was only about 1 1/2 months ago

Comment

1 1/2 month holiday, must have a lot of subscribers

Comment

I'm having a very busy time (for months now) but I was looking at the code and my test system just now.

The problem is that I see no errors in the logging and it works in my environment.

I have to look deeper and find out what the differences are in your environments.

If one of you guys can give me your login information temporarily, I can test with your data.

Sent me a PM of direct mail
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Riun, sent you my log in details. Please could you let me know how you get on.

Comment

I am having exactly the same problem with this plug-in that no devices are created.

Just been looking back at the issues I have had with this plugin and on my HS3 system and the last time anything worked correctly was exactly 1 year ago, 20th April 2016!!!

I used to have scripts that split out the info on the devices for each zone to virtual devices as Rien never implemented separate devices for set point and current temperature, they last run one year ago, never worked since.

Would be nice to see this plugin working for once Rien, understand you are busy but taking people's money and not supporting the plugin feels somewhat fraudulent and always seeing your excuse of you are busy doing something else is no excuse when you are asking people to pay $30 for it.

Homeseer Admins, I would like some sort of comment from you on exactly what terms these developers sign up to when they publish these plugins and require users to pay for them?? I'll forward this on to Homeseer Support directly for their views on the matter.

Comment

I sent a test release to one of the users and you are right the plugin should work. However new functionality is not part of that.

Maybe you don't know, and I don't blame you for not knowing, how much time I spent on creating plugin and supporting them. If Iuse this time for my 'normal' work I would probably earn much more.

That said, I don't like the tone of your email. i will solve any problems with the current version and functionality and new or changed features are not planned at this time.
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien

Thanks for the reply.

As for the tone of my message, really what do you expect, I haven't used this plugin for a year now!!

I'm an Infrastructure Engineer and if I provided support that took a year to resolve an issue I wouldn't have a 'normal' job!!

Maybe you would like to share the new update for me to test as it would be nice to have control of my heating system via HS again.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X