How to see real-time HS3 log files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see real-time HS3 log files?

In HS2 I could always watch the log file in real-time through the application. On HS3 I can only see the browser version. This appears to refresh sporadically (in Chrome), sometimes seconds apart, sometimes no refresh until I hit the refresh button. Am I missing something? Should I be using a different browser? Thanks.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    In HS2 I could always watch the log file in real-time through the application. On HS3 I can only see the browser version. This appears to refresh sporadically (in Chrome), sometimes seconds apart, sometimes no refresh until I hit the refresh button. Am I missing something? Should I be using a different browser? Thanks.
    I frequently keep the log open on my desktop when I am building and testing events. Mine seems to update reliably and constantly, with a 2-3 second delay as long as Auto Update is checked. Using Chrome latest and 3.0.0.112.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

My issue is with the refresh of the log. I used to like the HS2 real-time log in the application. Now that I view it in the browser, delays of several seconds are not uncommon and sometimes I have to hit the refresh button to make some updates appear in a timely fashion. I was doing some debugging this weekend that would have benefited from real-time updates on the log.

Having this added as a feature on the HS3 application would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
        FYI, the HS3 log is held in a SQL Database and not in a log file.
        I have a shutdown event supposedly running. How can I see the actual event? Seems that updates to the browser aren't happening at that time. I just want to make sure that the shutdown event called shows up somewhere... The actual shutdown event shuts down homeseer and is called by my Fire Daemon application via a script call.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The delays must be something in your system. As I said above, I keep a Chrome window open on my desktop while I am working on the system. I have been doing this without issue since the beginning. There might be a second or two delay, but the log entries are displayed near real time without needing to refresh. Today I opened a Safari browser on my iPad, a Chrome and IE browser on my desktop and all three were continually updating.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            I have a shutdown event supposedly running. How can I see the actual event? Seems that updates to the browser aren't happening at that time. I just want to make sure that the shutdown event called shows up somewhere... The actual shutdown event shuts down homeseer and is called by my Fire Daemon application via a script call.

Robert
            Use the log filter options to select date/times between just before shutdown and after restart.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Robert
              During a shutdown, one of the first things to be shutdown is the web server so it is difficult to see much log. You can go back after the system is restarted and read the log entries that were created, but as soon as a shutdown is initiated the web page stops refreshing and within seconds the web server is shut down.

Comment

That's what I figured. I have Jon's event viewer script but it doesn't show it either previous to the shutdown. I see the WSscript call in the FD log so I now FD is calling it.

Robert

EDIT: Randy you triggered the thought to change my filter. Now I see the shutdown call. Though the order seems a bit confusing.. Looks like it's shutdown, then it runs the shutdown script? or is that the HSshutdown script. The name of my event is FDShutdown which I don't see... Perhaps FD is shutting it down normally as per the "Request from UI to shutdown" ???

Mar-12 5:57:57 PM RFXCOM start shutdown

Mar-12 5:57:56 PM Shutdown Shutdown Script Completed

Mar-12 5:57:56 PM Shutdown Running shutdown script ...

Mar-12 5:57:56 PM Shutdown Application shutdown at 12/03/2017 5:57:56 PM

Mar-12 5:57:56 PM Warning Request from UI to shutdown
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Here in Linux run HomeSeer in a terminal window to watch the boot up stuff.

If I see something interesting I copy and paste to a text editor.

Thinking in Windows you can run Homeseer at a command prompt and see it starting.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X