XMLTV setup not working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XMLTV setup not working for me

Forgive the newbie question, but I can't get the "xmltv tv_grab.na --config-file tv_grab_na.conf --configure" command to run under WinXP CMD prompt. The response from enter the command exactly correct (by pasting it from the documentation) is

"Assertion failed: i->file->f_entity_size == i->file->f_stored_size, file ..\..\B
    FS\src/bfs.c, line 147

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I'm running this under Command Prompt from Windows XP. What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Thanks, HEC1152

Hi, unless thats a typo in the command line. it should be tv_grab_na instead of tv_grab.na

Hope this helps
    Tom
    Digi-house

Comment

It's a typo. I used the right sequence, but I'll reverify.

Comment

Yup - it was a typo. Tried it several times to include copy/pasting exacting characters from documentation into command prompt line.

Still, I'll bet it's something stupid I'm doing or not doing?

HEC1152

Comment

I downloaded the latest version via the updater, and needed to reconfig XMLTV anyway due to a channel line-up change. I typed in the exact command as in the doc, and xmltv.exe aborted with (I think) the same error as hec1152 saw.

Steve

Comment

It appears to be a problem with xmltv. I am getting the same error. I'll check the xmltv list tonight to see if I can find out whats up.

Jeff Farmer
            HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

i dnload new hstv release and not work. The missing xmltv.exe no icon, original xmltv-0.5.27-win32 from sourceforge is working

'640 Kb should be enough for anyone.' - Bill Gates

Comment

The xmltv.exe in the version 14 build is bad. I downloaded the current version of xmltv again last night and tested it. It is working. I will get version 15 to the updater this evening.

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I sent the zip file with the fixed xmltv last night. It should be in the updater sometime today. You can also download the xmltv install file from
                  http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=39046

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                  X