Lost control of a Z-Wave node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost control of a Z-Wave node

I've been having some odd issues with a few of my Z-Wave nodes. Occasionally my thermostat (CT100) will no longer be able to communicate with Homeseer. The controller (SmartStick+) still has the node information in it. The thermostat still seems to think it is connected, but Homeseer cannot control it. When I try to test network node connectivity, Homeseer says that node (Node 20) did not respond. I've tried full scans and light scans, restarting the interface, and optimizing the network. None of these things seem to restore connectivity. In the past, I've had to forcibly delete the node that Homeseer will no longer talk to and then re-pair that node with my controller. On the thermostat, that means resetting the thermostat and reprogramming it, which is not fun. This is the 3rd time this has happened. There is one other node that has had this problem as well, which is just a Z-Wave wall switch. I tried changing controllers (previous controller was a Aeon ZStick 5), but it happened on both controllers. One other thing is I have 2 CT100's (2 furnaces). Only 1 of the thermostats is having this issue.

How can I troubleshoot what is happening? Is there any way to recover the pairing?

Here are the logs for when I scan the node:
    Mar-22 11:04:21 PM
    Z-Wave Warning
    The device at node 20 should result in 7 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
    Z-Wave Warning
    An error (B) was reported attempting to get multi-channel or multi-instance information from node 20
    Z-Wave
    Getting association information for node 20
    Z-Wave
    Node 20 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.28 App: 9.1
    Z-Wave Warning
    Error getting version information for node 20, Send failed.
    Z-Wave
    Node: 20 Supports Class(es): BASIC, CLOCK, INDICATOR, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, THERMOSTAT_MODE_V3, THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE_V2, THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE, THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT_V3, VERSION_V2, CONFIGURATION, BATTERY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2
    Z-Wave
    Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Z-Wave
    Found 14 Z-Wave nodes
    Thanks!
    Last edited by dawolfe; March 23, 2017, 01:07 AM. Reason: Formatting logs

I had luck readding nodes without removing them. Most of the time they keep there settings and node id.

Regards
    Morten

Comment

I removed the node from homeseer by using the node removal option in homeseer and excluding it at the device. Then when I add it back in again I get this error:

Add Node started...
      Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
      Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
      DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
      Done. Node 20 Added.
      Reloading (importing) node information...
      Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Node: 20 Supports Class(es): BASIC, CLOCK, INDICATOR, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, THERMOSTAT_MODE_V3, THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE_V2, THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE, THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT_V3, VERSION_V2, CONFIGURATION, BATTERY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2
      Warning: Node 20 supports the MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC command class but manufacturer information was not obtained. Cannot continue with this node.
      Warning: Node 20 did not respond to a request for the Command Class Version for MULTI_INSTANCE/MULTI_CHANNEL
      Warning: The device at node 20 should result in 7 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
      Finished.

Comment

Working...
      X