Qubino Dimmer - only seeing I1, not I2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino Dimmer - only seeing I1, not I2

I just added two Qubino Flush Dimmer Gen5 with H1S3P3 firmware which is supposed to be the latest version and which is also Z-wave+ certified.

After associating Group 1 to HomeSeer, I1 wall button presses are sent to the controller and watts are reported instantly. But the virtual I2 is not even showing up in the GUI and I can't see anything in the log when pressing the secondary wall button. I tried to rescan but no change.

Have anyone gotten this to work?

I attach a snippet of the inclusion process which looks ok from what I can see. But I'm wondering about the "5 out of 6 child devices... were created successfully". Why not 6 out of 6?

When rescanning I do get an error message which I don't know what it means. I can't see this message when the device is initially added. I add a snippet of this as well.
    Attached Files

Did you set parameter 100 to 9 (binary sensor) first?
    stefxx

Comment

I2 would be parameter 101.

Also per instructions you have to remove the device and add again after certain changes.

I love all the Qubino stuff but the exclude and not reset procedure is a pain, IMO.

Comment

I believe parameter 100 is for I2, and parameter 101 is for I3.

You do need to exclude and include indeed. Make sure do don't reset, as that would reset parameter 100 and 101 as well.
        stefxx

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. Setting parameter 100 to 9 and exclude/include without resetting did the trick.

But I notice that it takes about 5 sec that I must press and hold the I2 wall button (mono stable) before HomeSeer reacts and sets "Sensor Binary Reservered 2" to "On-Open-Motion". I would like just to press it shortly to turn on a light for example, like any other wall button. When doing that HomeSeer doens't regsiter anything in the log.

Do you see the same thing?

Comment

Have you set an association to Group 5, Endpoint 2? I believe that speeds it up quite a bit.

I recall another user managed to change the behaviour of I2 from a momentary switch to a normal on/off switch. I recall you need to set parameter 100 to 1... (and exclude/include again) otherwise search the board for more instructions. It didn't work for me as the conclusion was that it only works with firmware S3 (I have S2).
            stefxx

Comment

A.Humar@goap.si.

@Stefxx
              How can I read my FW and if necessary update? If it requires a script I'll be totally lost. I have four flush relays and one shutter relay.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                How can I read my FW and if necessary update? If it requires a script I'll be totally lost. I have four flush relays and one shutter relay.
                Firmware version is on the label on the device. After the P/N there is a string like this: H1S5P1. The number after the S is the firmware. In this example, S5.

You can't update the firmware yourself. Only way to update the firmware of the Qubino switches is to ship the modules to Goap.

In my experience, the following versions are working properly with HS3:
                Flush 1 Relay: S5 (never tested lower versions)
                Flush 2 Relay: S5 (S1, S2, S3 and S4 all have issues with reporting the correct switch)
                Flush Shutter: S5 (never tested lower versions)
                Flush dimmer: S2 (S1 does not properly report I2 status)
                stefxx

Comment

Thanks. The two I have in my hand are S5. So I'll leave well enough alone.

Comment

Ok, so I've done some really interesting findings.

Associating Group 5 to Endpoint 2 seemed to help a bit but pressing the I2 button was pretty much still a hit-and-miss. Sometimes pressing/releasing the button registered, sometimes not. Only way to be sure was to press and hold the button. Niether did setting parameter 100 to 1 help.

But! I set parameter 100 back to 0 and manually associated Group 1 and Group 5 to HomeSeer and voila! Now "Goap Switch Multilevel", the root device, is "virtually" set to On when the button is pressed and keeps it states when the buttons is released. The next press sets the device to off. And so on...

In the GUI you can't see the device's state, only the "Last changed" field is updated, but the log shows the updates and you can trigger events. The event trigger in less than a sec.

At last some success with these devices...

Comment

In the GUI you can't see the device's state
                      And can you now set parameter 100 back to 1 and still group 1 and 5 to HS?

I find them amazing relays that almost have too many options, not that that's a bad thing.

Comment

I did associate Group 5 to HomeSeer (no EndPoint) with parameter 100 set to 1 but that didn't help. Only "Sensor Binary Reservered 2" was updated then (poorly) but not the root device.

Comment

Something that I liked with Fibaro was that it was possible to detect double and tripple presses to the secondary wall button. I can't see how you would implement this to work reliably with Qubino.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                            Something that I liked with Fibaro was that it was possible to detect double and tripple presses to the secondary wall button. I can't see how you would implement this to work reliably with Qubino.
                            Not entirely correct, you do not "detect keypresses" in the controller during those activities. The fibaro devices sends scene activation commands that corresponds to those activites if configured to do so.

Not really the same thing. (But yes, a pretty useful bonus with the fibaro devices.)

Comment

Working...
                            X