This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voicemail via HSTouch?

Using the HomeSeer Web Control function I am able to listen to my HSPhone voicemail messages. Is it possible to also playback voicemail messages via HSTouch?

If so, it would be awesome to be able to create some flashing icon on the screen to indicate new messages...I currently accomplish this by flashing the LEDs on my Audrey's....

Thanks

Ed

HSTouch and HSPhone voicemail retrieval?

Anyone retrieving voicemail's using HSTouch?

Comment

I do this with HST. Basically I have a red notification icon that displays when I have a new message.
      Attached Files

Comment

very cool!

Originally posted by bmora View Post
        I do this with HST. Basically I have a red notification icon that displays when I have a new message.
        OK - so I understand that you could display one or the other icon if - yours look very cool! Are there any touchscreens that would also enable you to "play" the messages thru speakers in the touchscreen device? I can currently do this on 3Com Audrey's, but they are not HSTouch compatible...

Thanks for any insight you could provide!

Ed

Comment

How do you check status?

Those Icons are great! I understand what I need to do with them (display one when "no new messages"and the other when new messages >= 1). Only I do not know how to:

1) check the number of new messages from within HSTouch, and
          2) how to choose the proper element - (Text? Graphic?)
          3) How to configure that element to display the right icon for the situation.

Would you mind educating me on how to do this? I thought it might have to do with associating the element to a HS device...but I did not see anything pertaining to new messages or HSPhone, for that matter.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins View Post
            Are there any touchscreens that would also enable you to "play" the messages thru speakers in the touchscreen device?
            HSTouch does not include any audio capability. If your client is a Windows PC you can of course install the HS Speaker Client, otherwise you're currently out of luck - though others have requested it, so who knows in the future?

Comment

Play phone messages with HST button/icon

I just started playing with HS Touch on 12/26/2008.
              I have a decorative light fixture that lights up when I have messages, so I don't need an icon for notification; I just need to know how to place an icon in HST to take me to Phone > Messages in HS2, so we can play the messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

bmora,

how are you setting the device status if you have a message or not? do you also set a value of how many messages?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

HS Phone Total messages/Total unheard messages

Msbreton - I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get what seemed a simple request, getting the total number of messages and total number of unread messages into a device. The data you want is buried in the "mailboxclass". Attached is the script I use. I also capture some information about the last call. The device locations are defined at the top of the script. Set up an event based on phone/new message to run it.

Hope this helps.

MattZ
                  Attached Files

Comment

mattz,

Thanks for the script. NumMsgsDev and NumUnheardMsgsDev seem to work just fine but LastMsgInfoDev remains Never Set. What info is supposed to go in to that device?

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
                      mattz,

Thanks for the script. NumMsgsDev and NumUnheardMsgsDev seem to work just fine but LastMsgInfoDev remains Never Set. What info is supposed to go in to that device?

-Mike
                      Hi Mike - just to be clear, the "dev" variables only refer to whatever device ID you set them to. The information "NumMsgs", "NumUnheardMsgs" and "LastMsgInfo" are the values that are assigned to the devices.

The "LastMsgInfo" value is based on whatever you put in the "Last Voice Mail" set up parameter when configuring phone mail. The value I used is "#CallFrom# from #CallNumber# called at #CallDateTime# and left a message #Length# seconds long." On the screen is a list of variables you can use for this. If you leave it blank then there is nothing to populate the "LastMsgInfo" variable. To get to this go into setup, then phone, and then click "additional phone interface options".

Matt

Comment

Thanks mattz. That worked great. One more question. How are you populating the whole call log section you've shown in some of your screens?

-Mike

Comment

Call log

Mike - glad to hear it worked for you. I use a script to pull the recent calls together into a virtual device. I'm pretty sure it originated from one done by Michael McSharry. I did a cut and paste on some of the code. I've attached the script here. I run it with a "On caller ID" event. Sorry that the modifications aren't more structured (I populated some other devices at the end of the code), but feel free to modify as needed.

Regards -

Matt
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

-Mike

Comment

I created a temporary plug-in to listen to your messages via HST. You can get it here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=bridge

Comment

Working...
                              X