This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle MUTE

Similar to theToggle Play/Pause function, I'd like a Toggle Mute On/Off so you can have one button to press to change the Mute status, rather than one button to mute, and another one to unmute.

Comment

As a workaround you can assign a button to a script that toggles the volume to 0 and back (perhaps use a global variable to keep track of the non-zero volume level).
      Mike

Comment

How about integration with HSPhone to interact with voicemail, CID lists, etc.

Comment

Here's my $0.02 that I just ran into:
          When deploying to an iPad:
          - Don't show the popup "New configuration is going to be loaded". I don't care, it needs to continue without manual intervention.
          - When in LOCAL mode, after deploying it should go back to local mode again. If set to "ASK" it should only ask when started, not when restarting for deploying new screens.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
            Here's my $0.02 that I just ran into:
            When deploying to an iPad:
            - Don't show the popup "New configuration is going to be loaded". I don't care, it needs to continue without manual intervention.
            - When in LOCAL mode, after deploying it should go back to local mode again. If set to "ASK" it should only ask when started, not when restarting for deploying new screens.
            Good suggestions! I second both of those.
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Better handling of lists of data. I think the RSS feature is great but this could also be used to grab data from XML files on your local drive. The only thing missing is there needs to be a way to refresh data immediately rather than the default 9 min. interval. Maybe setup XML data as an alternative and add the ability to have it updated/refreshed based on a HS event or a user set interval.

Comment

To add to my above post, it would also be useful to be able to decrement a row of RSS data. Currenly there is only an option to increment a row.

Comment

Client (iPhone)

Add a setting for buttons or UI items to vibrate the motor in the phone when touched. It would be a nice bit of haptic feedback when you tap a button and the vibration motor spins very (!!) briefly, like just enough for it to turn once or twice. more a "twapp" than a "brrrrr".

Comment

One request that has been posted before but I think is important enough to mention again:

StatusColor.MatchValue = single value. Would love the ability to add ">10", "<=218" or maybe even "10...218"
                    This allows you to mark a temperature RED if it is > value 313.

StatusColor.MatchValue = Status or Value. Would also like to trigger based on MatchString.

Comment

Originally posted by bartdesign View Post
                      I've got an feature request:

• Add an OnLoad action to the screens. That way we can attach actions when we show a screen. I know I can do stuff from a button before it loads the screen. But i like to attach actions to the form when it get's showed. That way i'm able to makes my screens more versatile and dynamic.
                      • Ability to create HSTouch persistent variables. That way i don't have to create a virtual device to keep state information on my HSTouch client. The make my tv remote work i need to create 3 virtual devices to keep the state per device. It would be nice if i could save a variable in HSTouch without having the need for an virtual device. It clutters up my homeseer. The variables would show up like invisible labels in the designer; except they keep state after you exit HSTouch on your client.
                      • OnRepeat action; we now have onReleased and onPressed. We need an repeating functionality aswell. Creating one with scripts is too cumbersome. For specific remote controls like up,down,right,left, vol+,vol-,CH+,CH- an repeat function is required to mimic remote functionality. A parameter to set the repeating frequency would be nice.
                      • More actions:
                        - If/then/else actions so that we can make a button press behavior more dynamic without the need to resort to scripts.
                        - Show Screen according to element selection.
                        - Save button text to variable
                        - Assign variable to element(which is best with the OnLoad addition)
                        - IR Action. Inputting &hs.sendir "Device,Command" is quite slow if you have to do this 400 times. A nice action with selectors would be nice.
                        -Call webservice action( for controlling XBMC and other devices ) It should be optimized for speed. The &hs.getURL can lag quite a bit, probably becuase of the html reply processing.
                      I agree with Bart. I need onload event and persistent variable. For some variable, I need one set per HSTouch client (maybe an array). That way, my HSTouch screen could remember some setting like the default room to control...

I'm tired of using devices to hold data. It would be nice to have a way to define variable like we are doing for devices from the status page.

Comment

Why not use CreateVar, SaveVar, GetVar, DeleteVar. These are global to HS and persistent. On the minus side, they would have to be recreated each time HS is started up.
                        Mike

Comment

The Startup and Shutdown scripts could easily save on shutdown and reload on startup. That's assuming no crashes occur.

Comment

New ActionType Request

Would it be possible to add a Button "actiontype" to allow the execution of Homeseer script commands.

Such as &hs.speak "hello there", True

Currently this can only be done via a script.

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                              Would it be possible to add a Button "actiontype" to allow the execution of Homeseer script commands.

Such as &hs.speak "hello there", True

Currently this can only be done via a script.
                              You can do this now. IE
                              Temperature inside is [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValue("Q1")/10]

See this sticky thread:
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=132134
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, as always...thanks for your help.

That will work.

Judd

Comment

Working...
                                X