Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am working on a new HS3 plugin (BLControl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am working on a new HS3 plugin (BLControl)

I am working on something new for HS3 that I hope will be very beneficial for a lot of people. I know I have wanted this for a long time now.

I am not going to give it away just yet. I still need to do more coding and testing but it is coming along so far. This plugin could end up being quite large and I have other plans for it as well.
    Last edited by Blade; November 7, 2013, 09:01 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Really Blade!!!!!

U HAD TO DO THAT?!?!?!?!?

like putting some crack in front of someone that just walked out of the rehab center....

UUUURRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

you have told us too much or not enough...
      I'm curious now....

Comment

I do not want to give it away until I know for sure that I can make it happen. I have part of it done and working but I need to make sure it will completely work before letting everyone know.

Sorry for doing this to you LOL
        Last edited by Blade; November 7, 2013, 09:01 AM.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

OK, now I'm curious too ...
          Can you at least give us a general idea of what categotry it falls under? Like A/V, Lighting, Heating/Cooling, security ... ??
          Just a little bit more of a teaser please ... the we can all start guessing what it could be.

I'll take a first guess ... It's a "Lindsey Lohan - Get out of Rehab Countdown Timer"
          It fits that the plugin could be quite large and complicated. And there could be spin off for other celebrities ... which would fit the expansion or other future plans ...

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
            OK, now I'm curious too ...
            Can you at least give us a general idea of what categotry it falls under? Like A/V, Lighting, Heating/Cooling, security ... ??
            Just a little bit more of a teaser please ... the we can all start guessing what it could be.

I'll take a first guess ... It's a "Lindsey Lohan - Get out of Rehab Countdown Timer"
            It fits that the plugin could be quite large and complicated. And there could be spin off for other celebrities ... which would fit the expansion or other future plans ...
            That is funny. I can say for sure that is not it

I will say it has to do with controlling whatever you want in HS using other devices.
            Let the guesses begin...
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I am working on something new for HS3 that I hope will be very beneficial for a lot of people. I know I have wanted this for a long time now.

I am not going to give it away just yet. I still need to do more coding and testing but it is coming along so far. This plugin could end up being quite large and I have other plans for it as well.

Stay tuned for more...
              Would that be some sort of generic COM/TCP/UDP plug-in that can send/receive any kind of string to any destination etc. etc.?
              Nicolai L

Comment

I will say that features of it will be integrated with a cell phone
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc
                  Cell interface to be Android and/or Apple app?
                  Android... I do not and will not buy any apple products
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

iOS please

Android... I do not and will not buy any apple products
                    Well I'm out. I'm iPhone only. I'm not a fanboi, or an apple devotee, I simply went from palm treo650 to iphone (stood in line for the first one on day one), and have stuck with them ever since. I have hundreds of apps--that work very well mind you. To switch now would set me back. If android and iOS were both on the market at the same time--I'd be Android for sure just due to the slightly more open nature (although fragmentation is detriment).

I think it is a little silly when consumers get roped into these fictional "wars" between platforms. Don't get sucked in Blade. Support iOS too with whatever this is!

Also think of the market--the iphone is still leading on that hstouch survey!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Well since it's Android only ... I'm out too and not switching, I have too much money invested in apps at this time. Guess I'll have to work on my own "Rehab Countdown Timer" script then ...

Comment

I am not saying there will never be an apple app.
                        It will likely happen after the Android one is done
                        One thing at a time
                        Last edited by Blade; October 18, 2013, 04:53 AM.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Good answer..
                          You're both a scholar and a gentleman

Z

Comment

Woohoo!

I am not saying there will never be an apple app.
                            It will likely happen at the Android one is done
                            One thing at a time
                            Awesome!

What have I won?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

[tongue in cheek]

http://appbuilder.com

http://xamarin.com

seriously though, saying you will never own apple products is not the same as you will never release an ios app, though you do need a virtual or physical mac to do that last step of submitting to app store, managing your app(s), and getting crash logs, etc. I think you might want to look into a virtual hackintosh option once your android app is working.

That said, the above tools - or similar - may help your android app be more universal.

I hope to see your app in action on a nexus 7 soon. I'd rather it run on an ipad (original ipad) though.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                              X