Kwikset Locks Not Accepting User Codes from BLLOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Locks Not Accepting User Codes from BLLOCK

Need some help with users & lock codes entered with this plug-in.
    I have entered a few users & get no response from keypad other than lockout after 3 tries. I have tried using plugin's "re-initializing" lock also to no avail. I have NOT programmed any codes directly into these Kwikset locks. This is a Kwikset 910 deadbolt. Lock & unlock work from HS3, BLLOCK plugin, & both also get proper info when locked turned manually.

I just started using this plugin as well. same result, everything seems to be working except the user codes.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

The user codes are stored in the plugin only. They will not add to the locks themselves (yet - HST needs to add this ability and then BLLock will become a lot more powerfull). If you use user code 1 to unlock the door then the plugin will see that and display the user that unlocked it. It will not let you set the codes in the locks only in the plugin for now. I am hoping HST adds this ability soon.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

So are you saying that there is no way to add the 28 extra codes that are supposed to be available for these locks??? You can only add slots 1 & 2 directly at lock. Is there another way to add addtl users/codes in HS3 other than as you say "in the future with the plug-in"??

Thanx in advance for your help

Comment

That is very odd that you cannot add all of the users at the lock. I have 6 users added on each of my 5 Schlage BE369 locks. I have them added in the plugin as well so that the plugin will list which users lock and unlock the lock.

That seems like something wrong with the lock. If the lock holds 30 users then you should be able to add them all at the lock.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Blade,

This lock doesn't show any information in BLLock Hs3.

Here is the information Requested.
            Manufacturer: Yale
            Model: YRL220ZW605 Polished Brass Z-Wave
            Type:Touchscreen Lever Door Lock

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Have you submitted the lock information using the script in the BLLock forum?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Blade,

Yes, I posted the file the other day under "Lock Information Needed - BLLock for HS3" in BLLock forum, if you want me to post it again just let me know.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Blade,

Have you seen the zwave action "Set a Security User Code"

I noticed it was added sometime in a last few weeks it seems.

I was able to add and delete user codes via an event.

Not sure what the scripting call is though.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                    Blade,

Yes, I posted the file the other day under "Lock Information Needed - BLLock for HS3" in BLLock forum, if you want me to post it again just let me know.

Thanks

Greg
                    Try 2.0.16 in the updater
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Blade,

That update work, I just need a day to make sure the Lock and unlock work properly.

Thank you

Greg

Comment

I see that this is still an issue. Users created in the plugin exist only in the plugin?
                        I am able to set events to add and remove user codes in my lock, but the plugin can't??

This needs to be fixed so the plugin is useful. What is the sense of having a plugin if I need to handle the functions of this plugin myself?

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
                          I see that this is still an issue. Users created in the plugin exist only in the plugin?
                          I am able to set events to add and remove user codes in my lock, but the plugin can't??

This needs to be fixed so the plugin is useful. What is the sense of having a plugin if I need to handle the functions of this plugin myself?
                          I have mentioned this before... The plugin cannot control the user code in the locks until HST adds the ability in the developer kit. I have a feature request in for it and as soon as it is available I will add it.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I think I get it.
                            The "ability" is exposed to the event engine, but not part of the functions available to developers yet.

Comment

HS Official Status Update?

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                              I have mentioned this before... The plugin cannot control the user code in the locks until HST adds the ability in the developer kit. I have a feature request in for it and as soon as it is available I will add it.
                              Hello, anyone from HS care to comment on the status of the feature being added to the Developer Kit so Blade's Plug-in can be fully functional? I have now integrated my Kwikset SmartCode 916 Locks into HS and would love to have the Plug-in control the codes.

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                              X