Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry but its just not connecting again

Hi Blade,

I still seem to be having problems getting the plugin to connect to the amp,

I ran the macro today which includes starting the amp which it didn't, so I start the amp manually, and proceeded to use it and after 3 hours the amp still hadn't connect, so I tried the connect command which didn't do what I was hopping, the only way to get my amp to connect was to reset the plugin which I did and the amp then connected and was controllable within seconds.

Is it possible to roll back the plugin or perhaps totally remove and start again to see if this help, any ideas would be appreciated, I have now started the debug though I don't think it will help because I don't think the plugin is aware that it is not connect.
    I have check the network settings on the amp and everything seem fine and because the amp connects directly after the plugin is restart seem to indicate the problem is else where, but not sure where

****Update ******

Hi blade,

Did a test this morning and after being powered off all night switched the power on this morning and the plugin switch the amp on OK after around 30 seconds, so not sure what what's causing my issues, but will keep an eye on thing,
    Last edited by S.Morris; March 10, 2014, 03:42 AM.

It should not take 30 seconds to turn on the amp. It should only take a second or two for the amp to come on. Could something be blocking the connection on your network
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hi blade,

Not sure what could be blocking it, presume the firewall wouldn't come into it, what kind of protocol does the plugin use,If that the right word, I was having trouble with the xbmc plugin but that uses Bonjour and that was firewall related

Comment

It uses a TCP connection to connect with the receiver.
        You might reach out to Nicolai on the board. He is running it as well and reports that it is runnign great
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Hi S.Morris. I've seen this problem before but I'm not sure it's the plug-in. I've had that exact same issue with the old HS2 plug-in and I'm also experiencing it with the iPhone and Android apps that Onkyo have provided.

On the iPhone/Android the symptom is that it can't find the amp when you scan for devices.

I think this is more likely to be an Onkyo firmware issue (my guess here). On my newer TX-NR515 connection seems rock solid but on my 3 years old TX-NR708 I'm experiencing issues from time to time.

I also notice that if I power on manually then the PI connects more easily and I can then control inputs/volume etc.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Hi NicolaiL,

Thanks for your reply

I have recently ( a few months ) updated the firmware on my TX-NR1009, And the Onkyo plugin I was using in HS 2 never missed, With this plugin if it don't connect seem like the only way to get it back to life it to reset the plugin and then it connect is seconds.
            I am not saying that the plugin is at fault, It could well be HS3 or anything, If I power up my amp ( not switched on ) I can see it appear on the network and can access the amps web page.

I am at a lost as to what i could be, it seem to connect ok when I am doing testing, just fails when I am running the macro just prior to watching a movie

Will have to try a few things

Comment

Hi Blade,

Can you tell me why if the plugin poll the amp every 5 seconds, if it fails to connect on the first attempt why does connect at all after that, and a plugin reset is necessary in order to get the amp to connect after the failure, the amp is connecting to the home network ok because I can open the amps web page just fine, with a plugin reset the amp always connect just fine, what happens when the plugin is reset,

Is there any way to force the connection or reset the plugin via an event

any help or ideas would be great

Thanks

Comment

Hi S.Morris, I suggest you log a ticket on Blade's website. He can then collect debug files from you etc. to troubleshoot this problem
                Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by S.Morris View Post
                  Hi Blade,

Can you tell me why if the plugin poll the amp every 5 seconds, if it fails to connect on the first attempt why does connect at all after that, and a plugin reset is necessary in order to get the amp to connect after the failure, the amp is connecting to the home network ok because I can open the amps web page just fine, with a plugin reset the amp always connect just fine, what happens when the plugin is reset,

Is there any way to force the connection or reset the plugin via an event

any help or ideas would be great

Thanks
                  Did you try the latest in the HS3 updater?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Thanks blade,

Sorry to be pain, will try the new update

Comment

No problem. Let me know
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Hi Blade,

Just for an update, think I sort my connection issues, believe it was down to some VPN software I have running on the HS server

Comment

Glad you got it working
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X