Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Lock Management

Hello All,

I have 4 Yale Z-Wave locks (3x YRD240 and 1x TRD220) installed at home. I was hoping that BLLock would provide the means to manage (add/remove/syconize) user codes across locks.

Initially, I tried to just add users and codes using the plugin "Locks" page, and selecting the "Users" button, and assumed that the new user would be sent to my Yale lock. It doesn't appear to be working.

Attached is the lock output typically requested.

Onto my 2nd question. Does this plugin, or any other user-contributed scripts/tools allow me to synchronize users/codes across all my locks? Or does BLLock require me to add each user manually to each lock (Assuming it would sync with the lock)?

thanks in advance,

MArco
    Attached Files

Adding/deleting users does not work yet on the locks. I am waiting on HST to add this to the API. Rich said that may happen soon. I am hoping so.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by marco500 View Post
      Hello All,

I have 4 Yale Z-Wave locks (3x YRD240 and 1x TRD220) installed at home. I was hoping that BLLock would provide the means to manage (add/remove/syconize) user codes across locks.

Initially, I tried to just add users and codes using the plugin "Locks" page, and selecting the "Users" button, and assumed that the new user would be sent to my Yale lock. It doesn't appear to be working.

Attached is the lock output typically requested.

Onto my 2nd question. Does this plugin, or any other user-contributed scripts/tools allow me to synchronize users/codes across all my locks? Or does BLLock require me to add each user manually to each lock (Assuming it would sync with the lock)?

thanks in advance,

MArco
      I recently installed a Yale YRD240 and tried the same thing but saw a post from Blade on the forum that HST did not have the support yet. I look forward to user code management from the plug-in as well.

I do question wether or not my battery is reporting though. Its been 4 weeks and still at 100%. It gets used about 4-5 times a day. I would have thought I saw it at least 95% after the first few weeks. Do you see similar?

Will

Comment

I have 5 locks setup and the battery seems to be pretty accurate for me.
        The plugin gets the data from HS3.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          Ok. I am new to this Z-Wave. The few devices I have added are reporting correctly. Thought this was strange it hasn't moved off of 100%.

My luck is my keyless lock will be dead when we are out and I never put the 9V battery under the rock outside that it recommends on every page. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            What make/model locks do you use. I am about to replace mine and would like to have something proven for a change.

Comment

Blade,

thanks for the quick response. Pardon my question, but what was your original goal for writing this plugin? I'm trying to see where/how I can use it in my current system. My initial thought was user-management, but that doesn't really work with my locks. Not sure if it's just m z-wave locks it doesn't work with, or all locks.

thanks,

Marco

Comment

Working...
              X