Can't control thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't control thermostat

My thermostat has connected with the plugin and seems to display the correct actual temperature. However when I try to raise or lower the temperature from the web-browser or HS Touch it doesn't change on the stat. The HS log shows the change but nothing happens no matter how long I wait. This is what I see in the log.

Device Control Device: Thermostat Main Zone Cool Setpoint to -1 (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Thermostat is THX9421R5021WW

A few questions to help start the troubleshooting:
    • Does it work when you set it to a specific temperature?
    • What operating system is your HS Server running?
    • Can you turn on the plugin log and set it to TRACE, try to change the temperature, wait about 1 minute, turn off the log, then email it to steve at skware net?

Comment

• Does it work when you set it to a specific temperature? No. The -1 did work once last night but was unable to get it to work again. This morning I was able to turn off and back on the system.
      • What operating system is your HS Server running? Windows 7
      • Can you turn on the plugin log and set it to TRACE, try to change the temperature, wait about 1 minute, turn off the log, then email it to steve at skware net? Done

Comment

It looks like the commands are being sent but the stat isn't receiving them. How close is the stat to your Z-Wave interface? Does it work if you move the interface closer to the stat?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The thermostat is not Z-wave. It's wifi connected to Redlink. And it works with the Honeywell APP.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
            A few questions to help start the troubleshooting:
            • Does it work when you set it to a specific temperature?
            • What operating system is your HS Server running?
            • Can you turn on the plugin log and set it to TRACE, try to change the temperature, wait about 1 minute, turn off the log, then email it to steve at skware net?
            Did you get my email with the log? If so did you get a chance to look into it?

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
              Did you get my email with the log? If so did you get a chance to look into it?
              Sorry, I was out of town this weekend so I didn't do much but look at it. I did see a 500 server error from their end (which I saw on my system a couple times as well while they had some maintenance going on). But it looks like what you sent me was your HS log. Could you please make sure you're turning on TRACE for the plugin log instead, and send me that? It has more details in it that I want to see.

Comment

email sent.

Comment

Did you get the latest log I sent? Was that what you were looking for?

Comment

Working...
                  X