Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup the GE 45601 Remote under HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a number of threads on people having some success doing this under HS2 but nothing under HS3.

I am trying to associate one plug in module with the remote so we can turn it on and locally with the remote.

It seems like I have to download the information to the remote as a secondary controller but I don't really understand the principles involved here.

Can someone post some quick steps on how to do this? Thanks.

The remote control is Independent of HS. It does not matter what version. When I upgraded from HS2 to HS3 I did nothing with my remotes.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I am still having issues with this. Perhaps someone can help. I was using the remote to control one z-wave wall plug module. I moved the wall plug module over to HS3. The remote would not communicate with it. So I cleared the remote and tried to re-learn the device. The remote will not learn it for some reason. While in the setup mode it does nothing when I am turning on and off the outlet. Does the remote need to paired with HS3? I am assuming that I should be able to have the wall plug module communicate with both HS3 and the remote independently? Thanks.

Comment

It has been a very long time since I programmed the 45601 remote. I know it is difficult. The instructions that accompany the remote must be followed exactly. I have mine setup as a secondary controller.

I believe the remote communicates directly with the GE modules. It does not interact with your z-wave interface. It may show up as a device but there is no configuration needed.

I think I shut down Homeseer while I was setting up the remote.
        Try to get it working without HS3. Then turn on HS3 and see if it tracks the On/Off/dim status of the module.

Good Luck.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I believe a limitation of this remote is that it cannot control any device with a node #>31 or 32.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
            I believe a limitation of this remote is that it cannot control any device with a node #>31 or 32.

Yes, there are 9 buttons on the remote. Using the Shift key allows 9 more buttons. So you can only control 18 devices. And yes, there is a limit on the node number. But as a secondary controller, I think that is adequate.

Steve Q

Comment

If the GE remote is not paired to HS3, then it is not on the same network as the plug module and will not "talk" to it.

Comment

Thanks, so the process is 1) pair it with HS3 and 2) pair it with the plug in module and it should work?

Comment

Yes. Pair the GE 45601 to HS3 (using Network setup and Receive command) so that all devices are on the same network. Then use the GE 45601 to setup either Light, Scene or Group (using Light, Scene or Group Setup) and add the device you want to the GE remote. If you are only doing 1 device you can do it in the Light setup. If you want to operate 2 or more devices with one button push, then do a scene setup and add all devices to the same scene button one at a time. If you are doing several different buttons and some will be single lights and others multiple lights....I would do everything using the scene setup so you do not have to switch back and forth between Light and Scene when you want to operate your lights. The On and Off button on the GE remote will work with the setup you chose. HS3 will not have any part of that operation as the GE remote will not tell HS3 it did anything.

I have the GE 45600 and 45601 manual. If you need it let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X